Default Thank God for wetsuits and 4x4's

It was a cold cool day to say the least 12degrees celcius but I and acouple others wanted one last ski and wakeboard before I shut down my boat.To be winterized tomorrow.We went to a lake 1 1/2 hrs away taking a chance it was still good to go.I/We expected the water to be cold we are guesstimating low 60's so thankgod for my full wetsuit. We didn't expect the water level dropped off bellow the boat ramps though.Thanks to 4x4 we put the boat in beside the ramp on a gravelly patch in/out without too much trouble. the sky was clear and no wind water was glass most of afternoon.What a day! Just wanted to say Love my Moomba and hope others get one last ski in too. Next year a drysuit for sure/kind a blew the budget on the new boat and accessories this year.

It is supposed to be 24 and sunny this week. I'm picking up my boat on the weekend to take it to be winterized and stored. Maybe I'll slip on the wetsuite and give it one last go.
    2007 Moomba Outback
    99.999% Slalom, 0.001% Wakeboarding

Sounds like a great day Mikey! Thanks for sharing it!

We are still slalom and barefoot skiing here in Iowa in November. Water temp. is in the mid 40's and dropping.

You mention on getting drysuits for next year. They are worth the investment. Especially if you live the northern states or Canada. We go almost year round until the lakes are frozen. You don't have to go as long as we do, but if you can gain a month in the spring and in the fall, that extends your lake time by 2 months.

The nice thing going during the winter time is you don't have to worry about other boat wakes (no boats) and you can park anywhere you want at the ramp. Also, we normally draw a crowd of people wandering if we are missing a few brain cells.

If you are thinking about dry suits and wondering how effective they are check out some of Bruce's photos (Yellow Mobius)
    there are photos with snow on the shore.

Oh by the way Bruce also sells awesome quality wetsuits...not to mention supports the moomba jamboree every year

Check out what he has to offer at www.wakezone.biz

Thanks Smrtz!
    In the spirit of boat shows and incentives I will follow suit.
    To all the Moomba family, I will offer the WakeZone Drysuit, care kit and shipping (U.S.) for the low, low price of $269.99 each.

Offer good through February, 2008

If you have never worn a drysuit you CANNOT appreciate how GREAT they are. I have ridden in water 40 degrees with ice chunks floating in perfect comfort! My season here in ND runs from February-March into November. My 10 y/o daughter rode in November last year. I wear usually wear shorts, shirt, and the lifejacket inside the suit. In the colder temps I will wear jeans, a long sleeve shirt and the lifejacket. Drysuits are not only for early and late season, we use ours all year long on the cooler days, early mornings (6:00am) and in the evenings for that last run. I haven't worn a wetsuit since I have owned a drysuit. If it is cool enough for a wetsuit I opt for the drysuit. Drysuits are lighter and less constrictive (they don't soak up the water).

Email [email protected] if you are interested or if you have any questions.

I hope everyone has a GREAT 2008 on the water!
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

What brand/model dry suit do you recommend?
    2007 Moomba Outback
    99.999% Slalom, 0.001% Wakeboarding

Our ski club used to have a guy that barefooted year around in a dry suit. He liked the fact that a dry suit is so slick on the water...no resistance.

After the shows he would strip off the suit and be fully dressed for dinner underneath.
    2008 Outback
    325 EFI
    Gravity 1 Ballast and Multi Sport Wake Plate
    Rad-a-cage
    OJ 4 Blade 13x13 Prop
    5 Seasons pulling the Ski Team and still going strong!