Default New Moomba Owner

I will soon take delivery of a black 2006 Mobius LSV (perfect pass, heaters, gravity III ballast, tower speakers, bimini, appearance package, 325 Indmar, 48 hours, dual axle trailer, etc.)

First, at $35,500 it seems like I got a good deal.

Second, is this a good family boat as well. I did my homework and think it is. I have 4 kids, 2 of which like to ski, board and surf now (as do I) so that is important, but so is seating, deeper freeboard, a dry ride (drier than the DD's I see out there) ease of use, etc..

Am I making a good choice???

P.S. how big of an adjustment to the slow speed handling compared to an I/O??

Great Choice. I just switched from a 04 Outback Dir drive to an 06 LSV. Love it. You are getting a great deal.
    Will be a great family boat. Only slow speed handling difference will be at near 0mph as the rudder is behind the prop not connected as an I/O Be patient around docks and you'll learn how to move it a round. Also, the Inboards have much better handling than I/O at cruising/towing speeds.

You did not mention wake plate.. does it have that? That will help some with the water skiing. Unless you will be running a slalom course, you'll love the LSV. The wake is not bad at slalom speed, just not tournament flat. I don't do any slalom skiing so not a prob for me!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Poiko - Congratulations on a good deal on a great boat and welcome to the Moomba family! - Deerfield

It does also have a wake plate.

sweet boat, but then I might be kinda biased seeing as I just took possession of my Yellow/Blue 06 Mobius LSV!!
    if there's daylight, I'd better be boardin'!!

Sled491 Guest

That's a great deal, you'll never regret the move to a tournament boat. IO's are basically just cruisers, you'll notice the difference ASAP.

Sled's right. I don't miss me 'ol Bayliner at all. Although I do have to say the I/O taught me alot of do's and don'ts about boating. I certainly was ready for the upgrade.
    B

I've had i/o's and been around boats for 20+ years. This is my first inboard and I am ready for the change.
    [/img]