Default I'm in...03 ouback

I just joined the Moomba club, wahooooo!. I picked up my new pride and joy with only 59 hours on her. She is an 03 ouback. I have been out several times wakeboarding and surfing. Such a big difference from my old boat. I had perfect pass installed. Uprgraded the speaker cans and speakers along with adding board racks. Now she is ready to go......

03outback - Great looking boat! Welcome to the Moomba family. Where on Lake Champlain do you ski? Also, how do you set your Outback for surfing (speed, ballast, etc.)? - Deerfield

Great Find... 03 with 59hrs.!! WOW. Love the color.
    Enjoy
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Beautiful. Many happy hrs to come, I'm sure
    B

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome to the Moomba family!

Deerfield - I work in Shelburne (10 min south of Burlington) so most of the time I am in Shelburne bay. When possible I also like to hit Mallets bay. How about you? Regarding surfing, I am still getting the new system dialed in but here is what I have found so far. Also keep in mind that it changes slightly everytime I am out due to different amounts of people on the boat along with diff wave conditions. Speed is about 9.5 to 10. I leave my back seat in the truck to make room for the ballast bags. I have found that it takes somewhat of an excessive amount of weight to get the right wave. I use three fat sacs. I put a 725 on the side, a 725 along the back seat (edged into the corner) and a 440 on top of that. The next time I am out, I am going to borrow another sac and place it in the bow, I will get back to you on the effect that has. The sacs along with a couple of friends provides a very substantial wave, plenty to drop the rope, surf and have at whatever tricks you can pull off.

ED G - Thanks for the welcome. I will upload a new pic, sorry about that.....

04outback - Thanks and yes, I consider myself pretty lucky. At first I wan't so sure about the yellow but now, I wouldn't want it any other color. I searched and searched (about 6 weeks) and passed up many other fine Moomba's until I found this one.

Buttafewcoe - Thanks and I hope you enjoy many happy hours as well.
    JC

Well, I do have to say I am biased toward the Outback as I own an '04.
    As yellow as that thing is, you should not have to worry about anyone not seeing you!!

B

03outback - Thanks for the tips on wakesurfing. I'll pull the back seat and load up with extra bodies to create the needed ballast. Don't want to spend money for fat sacs. Would rather by another ski. Think I have something that will suffice as a wakesurf board. Lived in Killington area for two years and another two years in Lake Placid. This, of course, was a few years back (like...more than twenty). Have an appreciation for Lake Champlain and beautiful part of the country where you live. My wife and I have three boys (21, 19, and 14) and live in a small town north of Chicago. Do most of our boating on Lauderdale Lakes in Wisconsin. - Deerfield

Beautiful boat VT! I'm pretty new to the Moomba clan myself but I can tell you this board is a great tool for info on your new boat. Welcome to the club!