Default HO Nitri or Radar Senate?

I'm looking for a new ski for next year and like the look (what they write in the adds) of both the HO Nitro and Radar Senate. I tried a 69" HO Vengance with Animal bindings and thought it was pretty good. Just wondering if anybody has tried a Senate, or both. I ski at 34MPH and usually 15' off sometimes more, I'm about 6' tall and 180lbs.

Default HO nitro

I have been skiing on a HO nitro for 2 summers now. It is a fast ski. I like it. I started out on the HO burner and then took my animal DB and put them on my nitro. I have a 67. I'm about 180lb and ski at 35mph. I would demo the two if you could. If you can't I would buy the nitro since you liked your other HO.

Right now I am leaning towards the Nitro (mostly because I can't get the Senate until next tear). I am about the same weight as you and was thinking about going to a 67". I have'nt really talkedd to any of the local shops yet because I wanted to get some non-sales people feed back before I buy. The only review I found on the Senate makes it sound slightly better, but I have not heard from anybody who has one. There are lots of guys with MPD's but I dont need a ski quite that good. Thanks for your reply.

Default HO nitro

I also have heard some great things about radar. However everyone has a different feel on a ski, so it is hard to say. I have my nitro dialed in now. and thinking about getting the monzo. I use a 67" beacuse I'm 5'9" and about 180. I ski at about 22 + off at about 34-35mph. It's also what you are use to. If you have been skiing on a longer ski and you are used to it, stay with it. It sucks that they don't come 68" for the nitro. If you are intrested I would think about selling you my 67" Nitro in about 3 weeks, and I would make another bump up in the HO chain to the Nitro. The ski is in near new condition.

Default ?

would you happen to still have this ski by chance or not

Default No

I sold that along time ago i'm on my 3rd ski since then I switched over to radar and I would go with a radar , I think they are alot better then the HO's I have skied on. Go carbon so either seante c or strada
    Matt Glenn

I ski on a Radar Senate and really love it but I've not skied on the others you mentioned so I wouldn't be able to compare.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Smile

Schwartzman ,go to Shuswap ski and sports and talk to the owner Mike. He is very knowlegable,NOT pushy. He can and will tell you the differences in the skis he carry's which are most brands and he is/was a certified instructer etc who is very helpfull,in many aspects of skiing etc.
    As for skis i have a Ho Triumph and a Monza ,which is a very fast ski but very fun as well. 69'' though probably a little big for you but they do demos as well if you are really set on the Nitro etc. Of course they want you to buy there but there prices are fair for retail but they are good to talk to, Very knowledgeable and they all ski and have connections at Predator bay i believe maybe you could work something out?
    07 Outback DD

Question

what is so good about the radar strada and senete

Default Carbon

Carbon ski and the rocker!! It has improved my course skiing in just a sets. Don't get me wrong there is allot of great skis out there. My buddies ski on Goode and D3 and I ski on a Radar Strada and we are skiing at around 34 mph and try to progress to shorter line lengths. These skis get it done for us! My two cents
    Matt Glenn