Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help me out

Default Thanks

Keep your comments coming ........

bambam - My wife and I have three sons, ages 21, 19, and 14. Our 2007 Outback replaces a 1980 Ski Nautique. Water skiing is the priority for one of my sons and me. For two of my sons the priority is wakeboarding. My wife does none of the above but enjoys being on the boat. Our Outback was ordered with tower and rear ballast, creating the best combination for our family of accomplished skiers and beginner wakeboarders. Other options we chose include sound system upgrade, bimini top (a must), heater (really helps on those cold days), and, for peace of mind on long road trips, dual axle trailer. Orderd our boat through Lauderdale Lakes Marina at the Chicago show in January. Arrived in late March. Have more than fifty hours and love it. Does exactly what we had hoped. - Deerfield

I'm with deerfield. I ordered my 07 Outback in February during our dealers boat show and saved thousands. We dont' use this boat for a cruiser.....we have a pontoon for that. This boat gets used for every kind of skiing imaginable including barefooting. I've pulled my home lakes ski team all summer with this boat and its pushing 80 hours. Its been totally flawless other than one sensor that the dealer repaired for me within 24 hours.

The Outback is an amazing boat! In case you can't tell.............I really like mine
    2008 Outback
    325 EFI
    Gravity 1 Ballast and Multi Sport Wake Plate
    Rad-a-cage
    OJ 4 Blade 13x13 Prop
    5 Seasons pulling the Ski Team and still going strong!

Default Thanks

I am getting more confused! I was leaning towards the V but now maybe I am leaning towards the outback!?!? Keep the comments coming.............

If true tourny level water ski wakes is what you are looking for, then the Base OB is the only way to go. Flat bottom, center drive, light, small, more manuverable, etc. = True "Ski-Boat".

If you want an all-around boat, then the "V" is worth the extra $4K. Better ballast, wakeboard designed hull that creates a wake without ballast. (wakeplate is a must to actually stop this so manditory add-on) more family friendly setup, more seating when someone is skiing (all rear seat on OB direct drive is behind the pylon and should never be used - pylon is behind all seating in a V-Drive) more storage even with ballast (more side storage, center locker, etc), and without ballast you can store small children in rear lockers. Slightly longer boat, wider boat, deeper boat (more freebord makes you feel less like you are ON the boat and more like you are IN the boat.)

Downsides to V = ski wake is "good to Very good" but that is it. Over 31 MPH it is much better, but still not near the OB. Requires the wakeplate = $ (but free if you get it during boat show) Slightly less manuverable than the Direct Drives.

Hope this helps w/ apples to apples.

-J

Default Okay

Here is a question I have wondered about, I know that while skiing on the outback I will be using the center post and will not have the use of the rear seats, however if using the tower to pull a wakeboard can I use the back seats? Also where would I pull tubers from?

bambam - On the Outback:

Pull wakeboarders from the tower and people can sit in the rear bench. Pull tubers from the ski tow pylon and people cannot sit in the rear becnh. Pull tubers from the boat lift rings on the stern and they can.

The dealer cautioned me not to use the tower for pulling tubers. - Deerfield