Default Ballast suggestions for 07 Outback

I have the standard ballast in the stern of the boat, but i want to know of any suggestions to make the wake perfect for my boat.
    07 Moomba Outback

I have the factory bag under the rear seat also. The Straightline Twin 440#'s add a nice punch to my '04 OB wake. Placed on either side of the motor box. Occasionally we'll borrow a 300# to go in the walkway of the bow.
    B

I was thinking about puting a set up similar to that. Do you know of any sacs that may fit in the storage lockers in the back. I need to measure it once, but it will have to wait until i get it back from the marine
    07 Moomba Outback

You don't wan;t to put any ballast in the locker in the back... It is a low load floor over your fuel tank...It does not have enough support to hold ballast.

Butta,
    Do you get a nice balanced wake when you run all that weight in the back without the walkway weight for a 60/40 bal?
    The best wake we have had was no sac ballast but with 2 adults in bow weighing a combined (400-450) and guests in the cockpit weighing 650-700 lbs. If I could get that wake everytime I'd jump a little better!

Only prob was the bow wash once.. it was a good one!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Yep, gotta watch the rollers over the bow. Just ease back on the throttle, then make your turn @ idle. Angle through your rollers.
    Yep, seeing the OB is a mid-engine boat, placing the twins beside the motor box kinda centers (not hardly) the weight more toward the middle of the boat. Not like a V-drive where the it's all toward the back and you need 'some' ballast in the front for a little balance. I think the 60 / 40 more applies to those than the DD's
    Honestly my youngest son (24yrs old, 6 ft 2 in, 180 lbs), who does the inverts and 540's, prefers little to no weight in the bow. The twins and the factory bag are a combined weight of almost 1200#. We move the passengers, usually 2 - 4, around to help shape a nice symmetrical wake. 21-23 mph, 70 ft rope, 5 ft handle.
    Hope this helps
    B

yah thats the only problem when other ppl drive my boat while im wakeboarding. They dont watch the wakes ahead and usually get everything wet in the boat. We had water go over the windshield one time. Got everything wet. I usually take the rolls sideways or jus throttle a lil bit to lift the front end up. Just have to make sure of no rope burns or dragging people lol. But im thinking of replacing the factory sac and puting in a 750# sac and then put the factory sac in the bow walkway if it fits.
    07 Moomba Outback

It should fit....like a hotdog in a hotdog bun =o). The 3 hunnerd pounder we borrow fits nicely, starting at the cup holders and ending just short of the cockpit.
    But I got to tell you with the factory bag, the 440# twins, and the borrowed bag really leaves no room to move around. You hafta pick a spot and stay there. At least with just the twins and factory bag the front half of the boat forward the motor box is open. We've found a setup that gets us the wake and has open floor so you're not tripping or climbing over crap to get around.
    I mean, I could get a little bigger wake by sacrificing some comfort. How much bigger is questionable.
    Hope this helps
    B

Default Ballast Suggestions

Just do what we did, have 5 kids. We make them all come in the boat when it's time to board. Spread 'em out all over the boat and have them invite some of thier friends! Works great. One big drawback, there is that whole paying for college thing.

Chris