Our family just bought a used Outback LS. No tower, no ballast. We all ski (except my 4 year old). I was thinking the end of the year might be a time to buy an inexpensive board or two on sale, try it out, and I was hoping you guys could help. No plans to add a tower or ballast anytime soon, and no plan to learn any fancy tricks, just enjoy sliding around and maybe jump the wakes a bit.

My experience with wakeboarding is that I have a very old O'Brien Shredder. This thing is like a miniature surfboard and has clips for "bindings." In addition, I have wakeboarded one time with a board and know how different that was and how difficult it was to get up not knowing the technique.

Here is what I would like, sorry if this sounds stupid but we are new. I would ideally like to find one board my wife and I could both use. Very basic, adjustable bindings. I weigh 215 to 220, and she weighs about 135 (she will kill me if she finds out I posted that). I am guessing that this will be a beginner board and should be cheaper than most. What size do I need and do you have any recommendations over the internet to buy a board on sale that will work? It looks like I need something as big as I can find for my weight? I assume too big for her, but that should make it easier to ride straight, just harder for her to turn and jump, right?

Also, I have a 1st grader that just learned to ski and if there is an inexpensive board he could learn on and that the 4 year old could also use in a couple of years, I'd be interested in recommendations on that as well. Thanks in advance.