Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Warped Seat cushions

I'm curious if anyone has had any problems with their seat cushions warping. I have a '06 LSV that I bought this spring. It only has 35 hours on it and three of my cushions are warped or twisted to some degree. One has warped so bad that the white stops will barely fit into the storage compartment to "seat" the cushion.

I have not experienced any warping on my 2006 LSV.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Default Re: Warped Seat cushions

Quote Originally Posted by Madtown Mobius
    I'm curious if anyone has had any problems with their seat cushions warping. I have a '06 LSV that I bought this spring. It only has 35 hours on it and three of my cushions are warped or twisted to some degree. One has warped so bad that the white stops will barely fit into the storage compartment to "seat" the cushion.
    I have an 07' XLV GG. My front right cushion in the "play pen" is warped. From what I see there should be more support for this cushion. It sinks into the compartment below and bends....I have since added two metal brackets to help support it
    Contrary to popular belief, a boat does not run on "Thank Yous"

Mine did exactly the same thing Ed.
    the cushions were no designed properly to support any load when that cushion is in sun deck position.

Still here. doing great. Not getting as much boat time in as I'd like.
    Last season 75 hrs. So far this year just over 20
    I must admit it is worth it. The baby is amazing.
    How about you Ed.. Get that V yet??

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G
    Can't do my daily 100 mile commute in an Outback.
    E, you could if it was all river!
    B

Pike, I also own an 07 XLV GG and have the exact same problem with the exact same cushion. Please elaborate on how you fixed the problem

Quote Originally Posted by bradcraig78
    Pike, I also own an 07 XLV GG and have the exact same problem with the exact same cushion. Please elaborate on how you fixed the problem
    Well I wouldn't say I permanently "fixed" the problem.....If you are sitting on the cushion, the left side would sag down and then warp. So I got two "angle iron" pieces and screwed them to the fiberglass under the cushion. Basically to support it where there is no support. You could also add a piece of wood or metal connected by the two angle pieces for more support. Hope this helps

Shot at 2007-08-17

I guess I've been lucky so far (knock on wood). I haven't experienced any warping on my '06 LSV seat cushions.

Is there wood inside the seat cushions that help them maintain shape? I've never really thought about it, but I get mine wet all the time by taking them out of the boat and scrubbing them down on the driveway. I mean I really soak them, maybe I should be more cautious to avoid future warping problems?

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by SiglooLSV
    I guess I've been lucky so far (knock on wood). I haven't experienced any warping on my '06 LSV seat cushions.

Is there wood inside the seat cushions that help them maintain shape? I've never really thought about it, but I get mine wet all the time by taking them out of the boat and scrubbing them down on the driveway. I mean I really soak them, maybe I should be more cautious to avoid future warping problems?

-Chris
    There better not be "ANY" wood on my Moomba. When I purchased mine I was told the entire boat was "wood free".

The warping on the XLV has to do with inadequate support under the front right seat cushion.