Thread: Fuel Guage

Default Fuel Guage

So far am somewhat pleased with my 2007 LSV. A few minor problems that I have dealt with, but overall a great boat for the $$. My most recent issue is with the fuel guage. Always worked well up until recently. Normally I get my boat from my storage unit, and while loading it with gear I will turn the key on to see how much fuel I have. Now when I do this, the fuel guage immediately buries WELL below empty, even when I have 3/4 or more in the tank. When I put the boat in the water, the guage will climb back and get a accurate reading. It now does this ALL the time. Any one else had this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Check wiring @ the gage. Also check wiring @ the fuel sending unit. Looking for a loose ground or loose hot feed. When I first got me OB, one of the eyelets on the temp gage was loose causing an intermittent reading.
    Hope this helps
    B

Default Fuel Gauge

If your boat is doing this same thing time after time it may be that the angle of the boat on the trailer is making the gauge float sit at a postion where it reads empty. Once in the water it may level out with a correct reading. Just a thought.......

Well it turns out that I wasnt getting a good ground connection at the wire connector right at the fuel tank. A fewminutes of taking the floor plat out and it was all fixed. Thanks for the help!