Default wet slip staining

Hello, I've had my '07 outback V in my wet slip for about 2 weeks now. But, there's this yellow film appearing all around the water line of the boat.

It's everywhere, and ugly. Not sure what it is, though I do know a friend of mine had an issue with blistering on the bottom of his boat a couple years ago.

I read in the owners manual that you should paint the bottom of the boat with interlux products to prevent staining and blistering; though I thought you only do that in salt water environments (My boat is moored on Lake sammamish which is fresh water).

I plan on taking the boat out about once a month to scrub it down with some boat soap & a brush. Does anyone have any suggestions on products I can use to either protect the boat, clean it easier, etc?

I've seen some hull cleaners at West Marine but they take off wax and such. Should I just use regular soap and not a hull cleaner? Also, should I re-wax after each wash?

Thanks for any advice

-Robert

Use the least caustic chemical that will completely remove the yellow line. Lakes all deposit a unique blend of crap on your boat. For instance, here in SC, I take mine out of the slip every two weeks, apply and remove "On and Off" hull cleaner from west marine. I wax every 3rd or 4th time.
    I wish I could use something less caustic then this stuff, but that is the tradeoff I am conceeding to have my boat on standby every day after work.

My parents in upstate NY keep thier boat in the water and they clean theirs once a year at the end of the season with soap, hot water, and a bug sponge.

Hope this helps.
    -Jay
    2008 Supra 21V

I keep my boat in all summer and clean it with a cleaner called Slimmy Grimmy. This product is awsome it takes very little scrubbing and is tough on the eyes but safe on the boat.

Good luck