Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

This can happen to you too if your canal is too low to get your favorite skiboat out to your favorite lake to de-stress !

-J

Default Fresh Air Exhaust

The following reply is from Larry Mann, Fresh Air Exhaust

The testing we have done shows a very slight improvement in fuel economy. We do not "advertise" this due to the many variables involved. Our testing suggests that at low speeds, the engine torque is improved with FAE installed which helps to get the boat out of the water quicker, which reduces fuel consumption. Once the boat is up to speed, the water passing by the FAE creates a vacuum which helps to remove the exhaust from the engine. This also helps with fuel economy.

There has been no response for a group buy. Tige owners have been our best customers for group buys; they have done 2 so far.

Larry Mann

Ed
    No, not Jeff. One of my customers told me about this post. I very seldom view or respond to discussion boards. I have found that my customers usually do a great job in supporting Fresh Air Exhaust and I clearly do not have the time to keep up with these discussions. In the spring and summer I barely have time to read my own email. We are working this winter to achieve better organization so I can have more time to wakesurf next year!!!!!!!!!

So Ed, how would YOU get Moomba owners "fired up"? Supra/Moomba FAEs are a bit different from the other boats. We have to maintain separate components that are not used on the other brands; therefore, we would love for you guys to do a group buy so we can produce those components in bulk.

Also, I forgot in my earlier post: Quick release brackets are available that allows the swim platform to be disconnected quickly from the FAE for those needing to remove their swim platforms frequently.

Larry Mann

Default Fresh air Exhaust

Done.
    Fresh Air Exhaust "has graciously agreed to donate one FAE kit to be raffled off to some lucky owner at the 4th Annual Florida Supra/Moomba Owners Jamboree".

As an FAE owner I can just say get one. I'm fighting with outlook to get just one more e-mail out.

nuts

I posted pix of the install once. Ed gets more free stuff from unsuspecting visitors.

I can't go to the FL jamboree but I'm glad to hear about the quick release. I'm in for the group buy if there is still interest.

To qualify for the Fresh Air Exhaust $75 off group buy, we need someone in the Moomba community to act as "moderator" (iaonbb, nafplio or Ed G). The moderator needs to help us receive the email addresses of those interested in the group buy. They also need to answer basic questions or direct inquiries to our website, www.FreshAirExhaust.com
    Let me know if there are technical questions I need to respond to. This group buy will end November 30 which gives us plenty of time to get any systems under the Christmas tree. FAE collects the money, not the moderator. Bundling packages will save some shipping expense but typical shipping is around $25.

We would like to see someone offer the group buy on the Supra site as well since the Moomba's unique FAE components are the same as the Supra.

Thanks
    Larry Mann

How many buyers for a group buy? Thanks.

Ed, Ed, Ed, you can be challenging. As I already informed you via separate email:

We don’t do open ended offers.

We offer the discount because it allows us to manufacture specific items in greater quantities; thereby lowering our production cost. Also, rather than maintaining stock like we do in the spring and summer, group buys allow us to operate with lower stock levels, again, lowering our production costs. If we had open ended offers, we would lose these benefits and it would be unfair to our retailers. We will stick with the November deadline. That does not preclude someone on the website from hosting a group buy in the Spring as well. That is what the Tige’ group did.

Also, we will certainly see a FAE price increase between now and spring. Stainless steel prices have risen substantially over the past couple of years. This past spring, they rose about 10% per month. I haven’t priced stainless pipe lately but may be in for a huge shock next time we purchase it. Our price on stainless all-thread just increased 18% over the past couple of months. The rising price of stainless, brass and bronze affects most marine products (have you checked boat prices lately).

We have many customers purchasing FAE now for their winter project and we have customers that live in S. Cal or Florida that ski year round.

Nafplio
    Since this group buy is having difficulty gaining inertia, we will allow it to go forward with just 3 buyers yet the offer still ends on Nov. 30th.

Larry Mann

Good. I don't want to see challenging.
    "peace, love, hugs and all that other hippie crap". - Cartman