Default 03 lsv gravity games wont idle or?

I have just bought a 2003 lsv with a injected 5.7, its the gravity grames edition,But yesterday i noticed i was idling into a bay after about 5 min of idling it quit, when crank it back up, it would idle up and then back down,when i would pull a boarder up sometimes it would sound like the motor was couphing you would have to back out of throttle and get back into it,someone saud it could be a throttle air valve or bypass or something to do with air fuel mixture, all filters are just replaced, please help this sucks

Things to check in order:

Bad/old Gas
    Clogged filters
    Clogged injectors
    Dirty spark plugs

All could be bad on a used boat that just sat around.

But it could be the Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve as someone described as well.

Also check or just change the impeller if the previous owner is not around to tell you the last time it was changed.

-J

not too mechanically inclined on boats, what impeller you talking about i should check, also what does the idle air control look like and where is it located thanks chris

not too mechanically inclined on boats
    Find your local dealer.

Do not mess around with the IAC if you are not very secure with your ability to diagnose the engine.

Look at the list of stuff I posted - most you can figure out yourself and check - all are very important, and should be the first things you check before something as specific as the IAC.

The Impeller is one of the most important things in the boat. It is the device the pumps cool water into the engine and keeps it from burning up. These are water cooled engines so they do not have radiators to cool them. They must have a constant supply of cool water to allow them to keep running. The impeller is an inexpensive device with rubber fins the spins and pulls water into the pump housing. In the '03 LSV it is behind (in front of ) the engine behind 3 screws in a housing. When you take it into a dealer for service, this is changed out for a new one every year or every 50 hours whichever comes first.

Again - have a dealer look the entire boat over and see where you are and bring it up to operating level, then you can keep it on a schedule and be secure knowing it is safe.

-Joe

ok took to dealer friday nd he put a new idle control valve on, i just had this boat serviced also,Put in water today same thing.You idle for very long it will quit, when you crank it back up it idles up higher than normal, when you go to put it in gear it tries to die.when you pull a boarder up it just falls on its face and you have to feather the throttle, full throttle it wont go you pull back on lever and it finally picks up,boat wont run about 29.mph thats it,like it just falls on face, somebody help me