Default Extension Cable for Kenwood PIE Ipod Interface

All,

I bought this Ipod interface:

http://www.cardomain.com/item/PIEKNW13POD

I've got it hooked up to my Ipod, which currently sits in the glove box. I want to mount the Ipod on the dash so I need an extension cable as this one is only about 6' long. Does anyone know where I can get one?

What's the best way to route the cable from the head unit in the glove box to the dash? Do I remove the floor and route it under the in-floor ski locker (which I assume is the way the battery cables are routed), or should I go around the bow under the seats?

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Al,

You can get a basic Kenwood DIN extension cable (CA-C2EX)... but they are only 6' long and I think that the DIN max transmission length is 15'.

If you want to do it simply - change to the din to RCA adapter, and then get a good set of RCA patch cables as long as you'de like (less than 25' is best) and run it wherever, then use the RCA to iPod adapter. Note: this does nothig for power - so a less than perfect situation.

More here:
    https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.php?t=3896
    https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.php?t=4541

Hope this helps,

Joe

Your accessory (stereo, bilge pump, etc) distribution block should be on the front wall under your dash. From there, the power cables go through the foot rest, to the ski locker, to a breaker, to the battery. That's the route I used for the iPod and my amp remote cable. I used twisted RCA cables for the iPod. I stole the power from the dash cidarette lighter for the charger.

Thanks Joe. The CA-C2EX extension cable is what I'm looking for. The cable I have now is 6' long so I'll have a total of 12' which should get me to the dash. Looks like it's $30 + shipping anywhere I look. Let me know if you find it cheaper.

Nafplio,

When you ran the cable under the ski locker, did you have to pull up the floor, or is there a flex conduit that the battery cables run through that I can also pull the Ipod cable through?

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

The cables run across the ceiling and aft in the ski locker area. No conduit there. I used a stiff wire from the ski locker to the foot rest (is that the right name for it?). It took a few tries. My boat is the old LSV. I assume they are similar in this area.

Thanks. I checked out my 06 LSV last night and mine is set up the same way. Should be a piece of cake to run the cable over to the dash. Glad I don't have to pull up the floor.

Thanks again.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

another option is to power it through an equalizer installed next to the throttle control. Many of them come with the I pod interface and allow you to switch fade between tower/boat/and control sub at your fingertips. saw a boat with it this weekend and I am sold on it.

No problem cab. NC, that's a good option. I wanted to do that but I ended up with just one amp for the tower speakers. Either way, you'll have to run some wire.
    I've read many posts about interference from power wires. I run twisted RCA cables and grounded both the amp and head unit directly to the battery. No problems so far.

I need one of these!

It's only 23 bucks! but they was $20 shipping to Canada!

Oh god, living across the border sucks so bad.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]