Default Fuel Filter?? Lack of power on fuel throttle

Sorry about another post on fuel filters but . . .

The last couple of times I tried to pull a skier out of the hole when you give the boat gas, it hesitates and almost stalls out. It seems to be getting worse/ more frequent. It runs fine other then when you give it gas hard. My Moomba is an 06MY Outback V 310hp with 39 hours on it.

I have already tried adding stabil to the tank. I read some of the posts and it sounds like it could be fuel filter. They referenced some part numbers and car parts stores, but all of them lead to a 3/8" inlet/ outlet port but this filter is more 1/2" size. Murray's and Autozone didn't have anything that large.

Any thoughts on Part Number and/ or if the fuel filter is my issue?
    Thanks

Default On target

Sure sounds like a fuel filter. You're trying to get full fuel flow at wide open throttle, so any restriction, like a plugged fuel filter will show up there. Not sure you'll find one at the auto parts store. I'd go to your dealer or give http://www.skidim.com/ a call. I'm sure they can help you out. Also, West Marine should have it too.

Why are you putting in Stabil.That is a fuel stabilizer for winter time or if the boat is going to sit for a long time.If you have a carb. engine it sounds like an accelerator pump [on the carb] not working properly.If it is a carb,pull of your air filter and have someone pump your throttle.There should be a stream of fuel going into the throat of the carb.Hope this helps.
    John

Default Re: Fuel Filter?? Lack of power on fuel throttle

Quote Originally Posted by slalomskier
    Sorry about another post on fuel filters but . . .

The last couple of times I tried to pull a skier out of the hole when you give the boat gas, it hesitates and almost stalls out. It seems to be getting worse/ more frequent. It runs fine other then when you give it gas hard. My Moomba is an 06MY Outback V 310hp with 39 hours on it.

I have already tried adding stabil to the tank. I read some of the posts and it sounds like it could be fuel filter. They referenced some part numbers and car parts stores, but all of them lead to a 3/8" inlet/ outlet port but this filter is more 1/2" size. Murray's and Autozone didn't have anything that large.

Any thoughts on Part Number and/ or if the fuel filter is my issue?
    Thanks
    i had a similiar problem on my 05 supra ssv 22. it ran great at low rpm but could not get it to go over 3200 rpm. had a mechanic meet me at the lake and it turned out to be a inline fuel filter.

went to auto parts store and found a replacement.

Default The hunt continues

Well I finally changed out the fuel filter today. I had a hard time finding one that was 1/2" in and out port sizes. Everyone carries a 3/8" but after 5 hardware stores and a couple of marinas, I found one.

Sad to say, it didn't fix the problem. It seemed a little better but the hesitation was definitely there. The boat is not EFI, so I did look into the carb and when we gave it throttle, we could see the gas injecting into the rear chamber but not the front side. Accelerator pump?

I think tomorrows trip is in to the dealer. It's under warranty but I am afraid how long they will have it.

Any thoughts? Thanks for the advice.

Sounds like a accelerator pump.Let us know how it turns out please.Good luck.
    John

I had what sounds to be the same problem you're having 3 times this summer.

Finally, my dealer put in a Napa Gold inline filter that has solved the problem so far.

The factory and first two replacement filters were a Carquest part number.
    -Jay
    2008 Supra 21V

Quote Originally Posted by seanpatsdad
    Why are you putting in Stabil.That is a fuel stabilizer for winter time or if the boat is going to sit for a long time.If you have a carb. engine it sounds like an accelerator pump [on the carb] not working properly.If it is a carb,pull of your air filter and have someone pump your throttle.There should be a stream of fuel going into the throat of the carb.Hope this helps.
    John
    Why Stabil during summer months?
    https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.p...light=gasoline

If it were water in the mix, you would expect problems more regularly. The pro side of the shallow tanks we like to complain about is that they seem to suffer less from condensation than the big square tanks do.

I did not know Stabil did that.I still would only put it in at the end of the year.
    John