Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just a Little Help please

Anyone got any tips on how to clear the wake. Im edging hard and popping as high as the tower i just cant get an extra 1 or 2 feet out of it to get over . thanks

dude, if you're popping as high as the tower and cant clear the wake something is wrong. I'd need to see a video to tell you what you're doing wrong. Try shortening your line by 5 feet.

what speed and length of rope? Both will have an effect

I agree with pickle, get us a video so that we can see what is going on. We do a lot of videos with our digital camera and they are usually good enough to look at on the computer. You can pause it and check your edge, rope tension, body position...etc. They can be VERY helpful. We used this method to figure out what I was doing wrong on backrolls and I landed the first one after looking at the videos!!!

The video I posted in this same section was taken with a Sony 6 megapixel camera and they play just fine.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Yeah, no possible way to be that high and not clear the wake - unless you have lost all forward momentum. Your eyes probably precieve you being that high.

I third: send Video.

-J

Duuuuude, teach me to pop higher than the tower and i'll offer my tid bits on how to clear the wake.

I echo the notion: V-I-D-E-O

every time i pop just about as high as the tower, i can hold grabs for ever, its just i cant get an extra 2 feet out of it to land on the other side. i think im gonna lengthen my rope to 75 and speed up a bit. right now i am riding at 65' and somewhere between 19.5-21 by "our" speedo. and my friend suggested speeding up a little bit he thought i was riding too slow. so im gonna try that this week. if not ill have to break out the camcorder.

thanks

just IMO you may be better off starting with the increased speed at your current rope length before adding another 10 or more feet to it. Reason I say that is that you probably want to be comfortable with clearing at that length because if your boat is like mine I have to go 23 to 25 mph at the longer rope lengths = ouch on mistakes. But I do think you are on to what the problem probably is. If you post a video the guys on here will be able to square you away.

i think my major problem is getting letting up on my edge at the wake and not edging all the way through the wake

Quote Originally Posted by NateDog
    i think my major problem is getting letting up on my edge at the wake and not edging all the way through the wake
    Hey Nate I am right there with ya.....this is what happened to me when I tried to clear the wake and let up on my edge at least thats that I think I did Can anyone tell why I did this?

Shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL at 2007-07-29
    Contrary to popular belief, a boat does not run on "Thank Yous"