Default REAR Seat keeps collapsing

I have an 06 outback. I frequently put my rear seat up (the same height with the sundeck) in order to make room for my huge sac under it. I guess the large number of folks has taken a toll on the padding that holds the seat up and it now collapses. Had any one else had problems with this and if so have you been able to warranty it?

Default Re: REAR Seat keeps collapsing

Quote Originally Posted by Wally
    I have an 06 outback. I frequently put my rear seat up (the same height with the sundeck) in order to make room for my huge sac under it. I guess the large number of folks has taken a toll on the padding that holds the seat up and it now collapses. Had any one else had problems with this and if so have you been able to warranty it?
    Should be an angled piece of aluminum on the bottom of the seat for support. Kind of D shaped. When we bought our 06, I saw a posting about this possibility and have tried to encourage folks not to bounce down off the sun deck onto the seat. or to step kindly to the sides.

I definately know that now, but when chicks are going girls gone wild its hard to say "please stop dancing and stripping on my sundeck". i guess im outta luck

Wally,

I had the same problem. Noticed that it was only happening when the bench would shift off center to one side or the other. After considering makeing some permanent modifications to remedy, I decided to cut two pieces of 3/4 inch thick X 3 inch wide pieces of wood, sand the corners off and place them in the small gap on each side of the bench on top of the side cushions, (actually had to sand more than the corners to make it fit). This filler stops the seat from siding from side to side. Bench hasn't fallen again since.
    -Jay
    2008 Supra 21V

Wally,

I had the same problem. Noticed that it was only happening when the bench would shift off center to one side or the other. After considering makeing some permanent modifications to remedy, I decided to cut two pieces of 3/4 inch thick X 3 inch wide pieces of wood, sand the corners off and place them in the small gap on each side of the bench on top of the side cushions, (actually had to sand more than the corners to make it fit). This filler stops the seat from sliding from side to side. Bench hasn't fallen again since.
    -Jay
    2008 Supra 21V

I had that problem too. What I found was the the supports inside the seat were actually broken. The flat part at the top that the bottom seat actually rest on was broken underneath the vinyl. I took it to the dealer and they ordered all new parts, it took SC about 4 weeks to build them. I think the new ones have added support to keep it from happening again. I'd bet that you guys have the same problem. There's not much padding there to wear down, it's solid under there. If it looks worn down or sags any, it's broke.

oops, double post

'04 OB. Never had that particular problem. I did loose me rear seat. $294 to replace

B