Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sled491 Guest

JM, That's a picture from our old boat, we had a fish and ski with the three point bar mounted on the rear casting deck

Sled,

Makes sense now.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Sar, I wanted to say how impressive that cut is on your back side. Also, the balance on the ski is perfect. I threw a few pics out and you can see the back side turn is rather weak.

Sled491 Guest

Zabooda, I hope after looking at your own pictures you can see part of the problem. On you off side you ski is way out of the water indicating that you are not getting the front of the ski down enough to deaccelerate properly. This in turn makes you too fast and makes you want to drift the turn instead of drive it. Look at your arms as well, this only points to the same problem. On your off side your arms and the handle are way up on your chest instead of down by your waist like on your good side. Your good side your hands are down by your waist and pulling strong. The off side shows you are trying to gather up the slack line by raising the rope up to make up for too much speed.

I may be off but that's what I see. Just trying to help. If everyone is willing I would love some feedback this summer as well

Your right on Sled. I sit too far back and I continue to work on that. I get really lazy and I don't pull my way through. When I look at my other pictures, (very few since I am always the driver or the camera is put away) I found more where I am further back which is no good. I like where Sar has the ski placement with 2/3 of his ski in the water. At 240 pounds, I'd be snapping ropes, handles or me. A lot of stress for a cut like that for me. I've seen the lightweights cut through and basically push the back end out with a quick snap and it does real well.

If theres any calm water left after our wakeboard runs..

Sled491 Guest

Zabooda, I know what you mean about the camera, it never seems to be out when I go for my pull. I'd like to get one of those new HD hard drive video cameras and mount it to the pylon with a follower. Then I would have video to watch and you can make stills from that.

Chefwong. Similar problem, you need to get your handle low and tight to your hips. You also need to drive your hips more agianst the wake not so much in line with the boat. You have to think about it like you are trying to stop the boat by turning perpindicular to the boat.

If that made any sense at all I'd be surprised

That was a picture from a couple years ago, since then I've been out on a 87 supra most weekend mornings upping my game a little.

Since we got an XLV I cant ski on that anymore, it's kind of a "Wakeboard Only" kind of boat. Maybe some recrational.

Default rff

Zab,
    I'm actually right foot forward so my right to left turn is the one that always screws up - and other than some bending back my left to right turns out really sharp.

As we're saying, get the front of the ski in the water, using the whole edge to cut. You can have some fun whipping the turns like that.
    Stephen
    Georgia Tech Water Ski
    http://waterski.gatech.edu
    Tournament info https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.php?t=5296

Thanks sar. The picture deceived me into thinking your left foot was forward but I'm still impressed. One problem is my ski is an HO Mach that is for skiers on a neutral to rear stance and the HO Turbo is for a forward stance but it was too squirrely at the time. That was 15 year ago do you think I should be looking for a new ski? I think so. Is Father's Day coming up? Thanks for all the advice everyone.