Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tie downs?

I'll have to second drhodes suggestion. That was one of the first things I bought when we got our new boat and it was a great investment. No more stowing the straps after you take them off or getting them out later and no more worrying about placing something between the buckle and the boat to avoid scratching. They're always right there and it only takes a few seconds to hook them up and tighten them down.

When it comes to the topic of saving money buying a Moomba this gets me a little hot. I bought my Moomba because I liked it the best. I had a mastercraft Pro Star 190 and decided to make a switch to a V drive. After looking at all the Manufactures the Moomba was the Boat that I felt was the best. Yes it was less Money. BUT and I mean it was the boat that gave me the most for what I was looking for. I like the style and the performance. I had my last boat for 16 years and plan on having this one for a long time. I bought an outback v because it was the best smaller V drive on the market. Moomba has been great in getting my boat to me on time and servicing all of my needs. I am not real worried about free tie downs. I am just happy of the quality of boat that I purchased. I have 98 hours on it this season with out a single problem. I think that speaks about the quality of boat that we all have.

GW

If you go to Wally world they have retractable "Rod Savers" that do the same as Dr put on here but for a lot less. They are guaranteed the same as the others and you can save a few bucks. Takes me like 30 seconds to completely tie the boat down with them. Good luck

Joe sounds like you are the one who needs to get over it. This post was not about boat markups it was about freaking tie downs. I could care less about your cost analysis, but thanks for researching it for everyone else. Enjoy your day...I am.

I saw the Rod Saver tie downs that they sell at Walmart before I bought a set of the boat buckles. The big difference between the two is the weight rating. The Rod Savers were only rated at 1800# each while the boat buckles are rated at 5000# each. Normally that would seem like a little overkill but one of the reasons I always use the tie downs is in case of a worst case scenario like an accident. I like the little extra security knowing that the boat is less likely to come off of the trailer in the case of an impact.