Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Good Price on NEW 2006 Mobius LS? help !

Can someone tell me if this is a good deal on a Carryover New 2006 Mobius LS?

New Carryover 06 mobius LS Comes with
    Bimini Top
    Depth Finder
    325HP Indmar
    Hydraulic Wakeplate
    Perfect Pass
    Rad A Cage Cover
    AM/FM/CD w/REM Sirius
    2 Tower Speakers with 2channel amp
    Gravity III Ballast system 1frt bag and split rear Tank
    Pop up cleats
    comes on single axle painted trailer with swing away tongue

Dealer is also throwing in
    Tower mirror bracket and Spare Tire and mounting bracket.

MSRP that he showed me was $40,993.00

Dealer will sell to me for $ 33,000 plus sales tax

Is this a Great Deal on this Boat ? or am i missing something?

Thanks for any help.!!

Sounds like a pretty good deal. You listed a lot of amenities it comes with.
    B

well I have a old 1985 boat, so I'm new to the Moombas and wakeboard type boats. But i have been studying them to try to find a good deal with alot of equipment.

I'm trying to decide if i will be happy with the Direct Drive or should i go with VDrive. my family likes to do everything......ski, wakeboard, kneeboard, tubing.... we aren't soley wakeboarders so thats why i thought a direct drive might fit us better.

go v drive you will love having the extra seating...

Sounds like a great deal. That's about what I paid for my '05, in '05, and I didn't get perfect pass or tower speakers. An LSV would give you more room while tubing, or skiing, but kneeboarding or wakeboarding, there is no difference.

mb,

That's an excellent deal, comparable to the deal I got on my 2006 LSV that I bought in December (last '06 that the dealer had).

If you can swing the extra $$, and you are not a hardcore slalom skier, I would definitely go with a V drive. Especially since you have kids, like to tube, etc. The layout of the V drive is so much more functional and spacious than a DD. I would strongly urge you to take both out for a test drive and pay attention to the size of the wake. With the ballast empty and not too many people, the V drive puts out a manageable wake for even inexperienced and younger skiers. Plus you have the wakeplate to flatten the wake out further. My wife is a very catious wakeboarder and she does just fine crossing the wake back and forth behind our 2006 LSV with the ballast empty. And my 10 year old rides with all the ballast full (I've got the Gravity III system) and loves to get air.

Best of luck to you. I upgraded from a 1991 19' stern drive to my current Moomba and what a difference. Also, definitely go with fuel injection (flawless starting and operation at all times) and double axle trailer (peace of mind while towing - never have to worry about the trailer swaying).

Hope that helps.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Thanks a bunch! for your input, its helpful to know i'm on the right track.

its a great deal on this 06 direct drive, but if i want to go to V Drive i can't find one in an 06 model to get a comparable deal (plus the extra cost for VDrive of course). and doesn't seem like anyone wants to give that kind of Great deal on a 2007 Vdrive. because they are so popular.

Does the Bow Rise up much on a VDrive when you start out.? Thats what i don't like about my stern drive now.

and when turning does it turn flat in the water like a direct drive or like a stern drive.?

The answer to both is VERY close to the DD.

The dead rise is only slightly higher - remember - the prop is still in the exact same place, only the weight placement is different.

MUCH less than a stern drive - the drive is litterally pushing the hull up in those boats, and they take forever to plane. Tow boats are designed to plane almost immediatly, and you will never notice any dead rise since what little there is, is almost instantly gone.... unless you have 900lbs of Ballast in the rear sacs and are running 9mph to pull a waksurfer, then the bow tens to ride a little high.

Turning is also very simmilar to a direct drive, only a bit more of a rear dig at low speeds.

Otherwise - they are the same boat. Well - actually - the LS is the same as the LSV, not the V. The V is a smaller hull than the LS, both in length, width, and freeboard.

Hope ths helps,

-J

thanks!

Can someone tell me what i could expect to get into a carryover 07 Mobius LSV loaded up like the above LS If I wait and get one this fall or thru the winter?

how much more cost is a LSV over a LS ?

i have had different dealers tell me conflicting info. one dealer says the LSV Vdrive adds $3,000 over a LS Direct Drive. Another dealer says $4-5,000, and the dealer i called today said $6,000 more !!! So what is actually the truth? if there is truely only $3,000 more cost in the VDrive over the Direct... then is the other dealer just jacking the price up because the VDrives are more popular now?

$5000 I think is typical. Another thing to think about is re-sale. Down the road it will be a lot easier to sell a V drive than a DD. This could be why they are selling the DD well below MSRP.

Either way though, you're going to have a great time on the water!

Good luck!