Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4th of July

Default 4th of July

Well I am sitting at work super bored dreaming about next week. Does anyone have any large gatherings planned on the lake for the holiday?

gt - We are staying away from the lake on the 4th. Instead, going to D.C. for the week to take in a Cubs/Nationals game and watch firworks from the National Mall. Yup, people do their share of drinking there too, but it's still safer than being on the water on a holiday. One scare was enough. - Deerfield

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G
    I'll be performing at the local VFW as a big booty stripper.
    ed,

that is just sick

haven't made up my mind if we will hit the lake. being a wednesday 4th really stinks this year. plus i always get worried about all the wally's at the lake.

I have rented a house on the lake at Coeur d'Alene Idaho. It has a dock with 2 slips. I will be towing the Outback the 14 hours to get there. I just got the tires balanced and bought a spare just in case. We have never been to CdA, but have heard only good things about it. We'll be there for 7 days. We leave at noon on Friday and am counting the hours.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by gotmyboat
    I have rented a house on the lake at Coeur d'Alene Idaho. It has a dock with 2 slips. I will be towing the Outback the 14 hours to get there. I just got the tires balanced and bought a spare just in case. We have never been to CdA, but have heard only good things about it. We'll be there for 7 days. We leave at noon on Friday and am counting the hours.

Dave

That sounds like so much fun! Why cant I have friends like you?? Trying to get my "friends" out to the local lake which is 30 mins away is like pulling teeth!!! Have Fun!!!
    Contrary to popular belief, a boat does not run on "Thank Yous"

Sled491 Guest

Ski in the morning, hang out during the day, then go to a differnent lake with my siter in law and her boyfriend with their boat to watch the fireworks and have a mid night booze cruise

Hey Pike, come join us. It is only 21 hours from OC.

I actually invited a couple of other families, but they all had other plans already. It is just going to be me, my wife, my 3 daughters, and a friend for my 11 year old. The 13 year old couldn't drag any friends away either. I guess the distance and 7 days away was too much for them all. COWARDS!! We'll have a ball without them.

We are also going to spend a day at Silverwood theme park and waterslides. Still counting down the hours........

Dave

Me and about 10 other buddies rented a barge and were planning on going out to Lake Travis here in Austin along with my boat. We have around 50 people RSVP'd for the barge but the lake is almost 20' over with all the crazy rain! So far the lakes are still closed and we are just hoping they open before the 4th. The past 2 years we had no water and now way too much!

Sittin at home burnin some meat and lighting some fireworks with friends and family and most importantly staying away from the water and all the other boats(see my last post of the the last holiday weekend)

Prolly idle over to the sand bar, sup sum suds and watch 'wildlife'. They'll b upwards of 50 to 75 boats rafting up.
    B