Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shoes

2 14.29%
  • No Shoes

12 85.71%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default shoes or no shoes?

I have a no shoes allowed in the boat rule, and the first year my family and friends all understood that it was a brand new boat and followed it willingly. But, going into the 2nd year when I mentioned that the rule still stood, I was informed by my significant other that I was being somewhat anal about it. I realize that most peoples shoes are clean but at the same time, I dont really enjoy cleaning sand and small rocks out of the carpet. I'll put it out to you guys to let me know whether I'm being "anal"or not.

No shoes, no question.

The most damage ever done to the side my 99 was by me, last summer, with deckhoes BEING CAREFUL.

Even grandpa has to take his black shoes an white socks off.

Fight the fight.

Duncan

05 - no shoes. Why wear them?

I have dogs & kids so it doesn't help much but that's the rule.

Shoes or no shoes doesn't matter as much as clean shoes or clean feet. I have them sit on the back deck and take the shoes off, clap them together over the side and dip the soles in the water. If the shoes still have stuff stuck to them then I put them in a corner. I've been the biggest culprit on tracking stuff in as I leave a beach site and getting the boat going. I've had to go to the emergency room once after stepping on glass so I insist that people wear their sandels until getting on the rear deck.

NO SHOES!! Its hard enough preventing stains with dirty feet!

When your friends drop 30-50k on a boat they can wear shoes all they want. Untill then.....BE THE SHOE NAZI!!
    Contrary to popular belief, a boat does not run on "Thank Yous"

Obviously arguments for both. We bring our shoes to the boat, but remove them in the boat. That way they are available when/if needed
    B

I am with Ed G. I have an 07 outback v and since I wear my shoes in it I guess that I cant ask anyone else to take theirs off. I do enforce a not shoes on the seats rule. When I remember early in the day before beer thirty

NO SHOES.

The cushion behind the driver is for shoes - they are taken off right before boarding, slapped together to remove sand, and placed in that hold. Shoes are silly on a boat with carpet. Some of the OB's and OB V's have no carpet up front so I can see a reason - grip. But this way, the sand stays on the beach and not in the boat.

Ed - just say it, "My boat is a garbage can" - set yourself free.

-Joe

(waiting for Ed's "Joe's anal-retentive cleaning" response)

Clear liquids only and no shoes.

No Shoes and seriously no flying beer cans. Sorry Ed, your post turned me off to seriously looking at a boat that has been treated in that manor.