Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Boat Falling apart!

Nothing but problems at this point. New transmission has been the biggest problem. Tons of small problems. Is everyone else having problems with there boats. Close to selling the boat already and heading over the the MC dealer. Just want to see if its just my bad luck.

Well I am on my second Moomba and narry a problem with either one. I could not be happier.

I only have 50 hours on my '06 LSV, but haven't had any problems up to this point. Sorry to hear you are having such bad luck. I hope you get it all worked out without having to sell your boat.

You can read my post I have had my share of annoying problems but they are getting resolved.

https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.p...asc&highlight=

I bought my Moomba Boomerang new in 96 and haven't had any problems yet. Nothing but regular maintenance like changing oil and water pump impeller. I did finely change the plugs before this season but it was running fine before that. Just figured that after 10 years it might not be a bad idea. My Moomba hasn't even seen the dealer since I picked it up new. To tell you the truth, I don't ski any better behind my good friend's MC and he spend well over twice what I did. Don't give up on Moomba yet. MC's have their problems too. Remember Moomba makes the hull and puts their hull and the components together just like other boat manufacturers. Someone else makes the engine, transmission, trailer and other smaller components. Most boat manufacturers share the same major components.

Do what you think you need to do, but with any boat there are little things that need to be done to keep BIG things from going wrong.
    just my buck fifty (inflation u no)
    B

Default Re: Boat Falling apart!

Quote Originally Posted by gt9118
    Nothing but problems at this point. New transmission has been the biggest problem. Tons of small problems. Is everyone else having problems with there boats. Close to selling the boat already and heading over the the MC dealer. Just want to see if its just my bad luck.
    gt, sorry you have had problems. i have owned 2 sc boat... 1st moomba outback and 2nd supra ssv and both have been simply awesome.. sorry again about your propblems. i am sure sc will get them worked out for you.

in saying, i have a friend with a 07 x2 and it has been in and out and in and out with problems, fuel related and gel coat (possible fiberglass issues) he is no where near getting his stuff resolved.

just hang in there and let them take care of you.

one thing i would love to see and i know it will or it can't ever happen is to let the dealer put the 1st 5 hrs on the boat, check everything out and say here you go....

good luck, doug

gt - No problems with our 07 outback. Can understand your dissapointment and hope things turn around for you to have a great summer on the water. - deerfield

This summer has been painful with my new boat as well, I guess Moomba just doesnt like us here in SW Michigan.

That's too bad, guys. Other than the stoopid crap that I've done, mine's been flawless. August will be 3 years since new.
    B