Thread: Help with amp?

Default Help with amp?

I need help, I have been searching in my outback for a place to ground my amp. I can't find anything behind the observers seat. I tested the amp on the neg of the battery and it works. Can I use the battery as my ground?
    2005 Outback- Silver Gelcoat White Accent

The short answer is yes you can use the neg batt terminal. You can also use the engine block, as long as the amp instructions do not say you are required to use a negative ground. I don't see that it matters.
    B

I used the battery for the ground on both of my rockford amps.

I'm also using the neg terminal on my second battery, which is in turn connected to the neg terminal on my first battery. I'm running two Phoenix Gold amps with no problems.

However, with my iPod not playing, I can hear some noise through the system. Not sure exactly where it's coming from, but could be my ground?
    07 Supra 21v

Everything ultimately grounds at the battery anyway so it will be fine, it is also the closest point to the amp. The longer the ground wire the more potential for noise in the system. I also isolated the whine in the stereo to the ground for the headunit, I ran a new ground to my ground distribution block for my amps and it cured the noise.