Default Perfect pass acting up

WEnt out at 5:00 am to get a few sets in before work today. One hour into our fun my peferfect pass started acting up. It is registering erratic speeds
    jumping from 0 to 40 at idle. we had to finish up without PP - GOT TO GET THIS FIXED! Driving manual SUCKS!

Anyone heard of this issue?
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

We ran into this exact problem at work on a 05 LSV, the regular speedo worked and the perfect pass was irratic. We replaced the paddle wheel and it ran perfect again.

Thanks,

After reading the manual that is kind of what it sounded like.
    I am going out tonight, I am going to "try" a system reset but I am sure it will be the paddle wheel.

As a note, if you tow your boat long distances, the wind can cause the paddle wheel to turn, wearing the paddle wheel out pre-maturely. It has been suggested to tape it so it doesn't turn. But you have to remember to take the tape off before launching
    Hope this helps
    B

Yeah I tryed the reset too, It worked for about the first 30 seconds but the the boat started pulsating and it was just no good. Butta makes a good point as well

I rarely trailer far - it is about 5 miles from my driveway to the boat ramp.

I went out last night and I noticed the temp reading was jumping all over as well reading 61 - 72- 84 -70 just jumping around.

I set it to run off RPM and that worked, for now I will just run ono RPM.
    I prefer to run off MPH.
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

PP works off RPM - I don't like it as much as running off speed so I am still going to try and figure this out. Told the wife I know what will fix it.........a 2008 LSV!
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

I've noticed my perfect pass acts eratic on my 2007 LSV above 24 mph, we were running with full factory ballast and about 250 lbs in the floor and 8 ppl sat and it would flucuate(sp) from 21 to 26 and it kept engaging and disengaging on it's on. I'm not sure if the weight was to much for it or if the settings need to be adjusted when running that much weight. It did the same thing before with just the front bag filled and about 8 ppl. But it only does it above 24 mph it's fine at 23, I think it's in the settings.

Rbc,

Did you read the PP manual ???

It states that the Wakeboad mode is designed for 9-25 mph.

above that and it gets very erratic.

Below that and you can adjust the KDW (throttle pull rate) and NN (Paddle wheel factor) setting to adjust for the boat, the load, and the paddlewheel. Small adjustments can make it much smoother.

See Page 2 of the manual for instructions on these settings.

-J

Well I am going to try replacing the paddle wheel. Anyone doe this on a LSV?
    I am guessing the floor has to come out. It doesn't look too bad, I am guessing just remove the visiable screws in the floor and it should lift up. Anyone removed a floor in a LSV?
    Bruce Fuerstenberg