Default WAKE SURRRRRRFIN!

Does anyone in here wakesurf? Try it for the first time today and it was alot of fun. I have a 07 XLV with 2 grand of ballast and I was running about 12 mph. Whats everyone elses set up here? Just trying to find that perfect wake to surf

Default Re: WAKE SURRRRRRFIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Chefwong
    Does anyone in here wakesurf? Try it for the first time today and it was alot of fun. I have a 07 XLV with 2 grand of ballast and I was running about 12 mph. Whats everyone elses set up here? Just trying to find that perfect wake to surf
    Do a search, Ed_G is the man.

Default Re: WAKE SURRRRRRFIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Chefwong
    I rather wake surf than anything. I enjoy the freedom of not having to hold on to a rope (except to get up of course) I surf goofy foot so I load up balast system pluss a 1000lbs'er I installed under the seat on the drivers side, then make everyone sit on the drivers side and we find our perfect never ending wave at about the 9.5 mph mark. I use a hand held GPS to get it exact. I strongly recommend an exhaust system so you do not get afixiated/die from the exahaust fumes. I use the Fresh air exhaust system and love it.
    http://www.freshairexhaust.com/
    No worries with this system and the folks that own the company are first class people and will take care of you.

how do u guys weight ur boat... i have a 05 LSV. so far i use the front ballst and the side that i do on, and i can surf it but i need to know how i can make it a lot bigger.. the wake plate is allll the way down as well

Quote Originally Posted by norcalwake2
    how do u guys weight ur boat... i have a 05 LSV. so far i use the front ballst and the side that i do on, and i can surf it but i need to know how i can make it a lot bigger.. the wake plate is allll the way down as well
    We all surf goofy foot on my boat, so what I do is fill my two 400 lbs balast located on each side of my engine compartment and I load the ballast located in the hull. Then I load an 900lb balast located under the passenger seat directly behind the driver. Then I make everone sit on the drivers side of the boat. I also raise my wake plate all the way in the up possition. I find the speed where my wave is smooth and crisp. Usually around 9.8 MPH.

the wake plate is allll the way down as well
    There is your problem !

The boat makes a wake with the plate UP. The boat reduces the wake with the plate DOWN. Everywhere in between is to adjust.

-J

yeah thats what i ment. i have it all the way up my bad..