Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

JesseC,

We do have some beautiful waterways out this direction. If you ever have a chance for a trip you won't be sorry. We tried Tahoe a couple weeks ago, Nearly stopped my heart the water was so cold. We may have to try it agian this weekend since we've had temperatures steady from 102 to yesterdays record matching 108. Maybe tahoe has warmed up a touch.

Towing: the wife is towing me right around 23/25mph. I'm 6'-1 apprx 215 so the little extra speed helps with the pop. I just bought the boat this year and got hooked on wakeboardin'
    Ballast: I have a sac in the center ski locker filled and a large plastic rear container filled that actually acts as the rear seat. I've looked on the sac & container and haven't found any capacity markings yet, so I am unsure of the actual weights. Short of doing it the caveman way of filling it and emptying it into a gallon container. I'm unsure. I posted a picture or two. Maybe someone out there will know exactly what I have for ballast so I don't have to strain the brain to calculate the capacity by measurements

2003 Moomba Mobius

Plastic container measures apprx 72x21x9 (slightly beveled)

Fat sac Measures apprx 72x16x8 (slightly rounded)

Bulldgz - Reno Nevada "Workin' to live? or Livin' to work? Life is Good!
    2003 Moomba Mobius Ls
    Blue & White
    Updated Tribal Graphics
    Boatmate Trailer

Bulldgz,
    did you put the container in the boat yourself or did it come that way. I really like that idea! If you did do it yourself, where did the container come from and what was the price.

Here are my rough calculations on your container.

72" X 21" x 9" = 13,608 cubic inches.
    13, 608 cubic inches = 7.875 cubic feet
    1 cubit foot of water = 62.31lbs
    7.875 cubic feet multiplied by 62.31 lbs = 490.7 total pounds.

1 gallon of water = 8.33 lbs
    490.7 lbs divided by 8.33 = close to 60 gallons! You are going to need a lot of buckets!!!

Including the material I would guess that you have around 500 lbs of ballast in that tank alone. Someone corerct my math if you see an error please.

P.S. I am still mad at you for the clear blue water picture! I bet the face plants taste better where you are riding.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

JesseC,

When I bought the boat used (it only had 69 hours on it) a couple of months ago this is how it came. I am guessing that this is how it left the manufacturer. You may be able to send the previous photo to skiers choice to see if it is an option.

I'm guessing if your calculations are correct the Mid compartment Sac (using your calcs) would have apprx330lbs

Thanks for figuring that out for me. I'll see what I can find out on the rear conatiner for you.

I just remeasured the aft tank with more accuracy 70x 20.5 x9 I'm guessing with the bevel and notches and tank tubes its more like a 450lb

Here is a photo what it looks like when the seat is back in place.

Bulldgz - Reno Nevada "Workin' to live? or Livin' to work? Life is Good!
    2003 Moomba Mobius Ls
    Blue & White
    Updated Tribal Graphics
    Boatmate Trailer

I definately need that container for my boat I want to run ballast in the rear but dont want to sacrafice any space. Let me know where you got that

It seems like most of the boats came with 950 total lbs in their ballast. My LSV came with two 250s in the rear (which I swapped to twin 400lbs bags) and a 450 in the locker. I would bet that your rear tanks is 500 lbs and the locker is 450 lbs. It seems like I remember hearing that a while back. I am sure that someone will give the correct info.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Looks like a fresh water tank for a motor home. They make them all different sizes. The trick would be to get the tank with inlet and outlet orifices in a location out of the way and accessable. I've attached one example website.

http://www.tank-depot.com/product.aspx?id=162

I used the more conservative 71x20x8 for the plastic container - inside measurements vs outside. came up with ~409 lbs of water filled.

Simplest formula: cubic inches x .0036
    = lbs of water.

-Joe

Couple from this weekend... Nothing dramatic, no shots of 3s or tantrums, I can't land them with enough regularity to catch them with digi cam.

Switch

My 4yo.

06 Outback V unweighted

Here is one from last weekend. Backrolls in front of the trestle!

15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

that container is identical to the gas tank in the Outbacks, or at least it looks identical. I've pulled up the floor in the rear storage on mine and exposed the tank, that's what it looks like.

Here's a couple pics of my buddy Whitie, yes we really call him that. He throws down.