Default I got an early birthday present...!!!

Well as I'm sure you all know my dad and I ordered our '08 Outback a couple of weeks ago, so now we are in the process of getting all of our gear togather so we are ready to rock when the boat gets here.

Dad asked me if I wanted to go check out the wakeboard selection at a Mastercraft dealer that is like 45 minutes away, so that was our plan for yesterday. We get there and the place is STOCKED with cool stuff, all the brands and everything. My dad says "So, what is your mom getting you for your birthday?"

I respond "I was going to buy a wakeboard and have her re-imburse me"

Dad says "You'll have to think of something else, because thats what we are here for"

It was hard to decide what board to get, but I ended up getting something a little more advanced than I needed, because I want to be able to grow in to it, and since I plan on riding 5-7 days a week I'm hoping to progress quickly.

Anyway, I ended up getting a '04 CWB Absolute Platinum 134 (its brand new, just leftover stock) with '08 Liquid Force Alpha bindings.

Enough jabbering, here are some pics of my new rig (this is going to make the wait for summer/boat delivery even harder )

(This pic makes me realize that I need to clean up that wiring for our basement TV/DVD set-up, lol.)

Best of all, it matches the boat, lol.

Very nice set up. I rode an 03 absolute Plat for 3 years before upgrading to my absolute. The plat give you more pop and is lighter, but the landings are softer on the non-plat, so once I got some more experience I switched it up.

You might want to move you stance out a little more however, I'm 5'6"-5'7" and I ride the 134 all the way out, gives you alot more balence especialy through inverts.

Good choice. It'll carry you a long way.
    I'm kinda partial to LF myself, owning a Evo w/ Elements.
    B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

Ian, Nice setup, I like the board. still trying to decide between, CWB, Ronix and LF.

I noticed the snow board, where do snow board up there? The UP?

Here's my B day present, assembly required yesterday Nice weather aye.

partially assembled

Dave (brother in law) reading directions

Dave packing up straps heading home for the day
    canopy, bunks and giudes will waite for better weather.

No more ice fisherman, ice is very thin should be gone next week.

Moomba X
    spot to hold moomba X
    wakeboard 0 Maybe early dads day gift???
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I was initially looking at the LF Trip, but none of the local stores had it in stock, and I can only handle waiting for 1 thing at a time, lol.

I have never snowboarded in the UP, we have a few small hills around that I get out too fairly often; Mt Holly, Pine Knob, Alpine Valley. I didn't get to go this year, but in the past we've headed north to Boyne Mountain, which is not a real mountain. I think we are only about 4 or 5 hours from Blue Mountain in Canada, that is my goal for next winter. The board you see in that pic is a Burton Dominant 154, with Burton boots and bindings (its a few years old, I forget the model of my boots/bindings.) Jess's Rossignol Diva is next to my board, and on the other side of the TV I have one of my dad's old wood Chrysler water ski's; my basement is starting to look like a Outdoor sports store, lol.

I believe that is a lift. Getting it in the water is easy. Pulling a lift gets interesting and is a two (preferably 4) person job.

I have pulled them for friends using my Lund and once they have done it with me, they always want the Lund.

Take a rope ratchet on each side of the beater boat near the front (THIS IS NOT SUITABLE FOR YOUR MOOMBA!). Hook them to the outside bar parallel with the shore. If I had a lift, I would install eye bolts at each lift corner before it went in the water. Shorten & lift repeatedly. If lifting from mud, just take your time and let the boat do the work (you’ll be pulling the boat down into the water at first). If it is deep in mud you may need to lift the shore side, drop it back and then lift the lake side. Leave enough slack to get the cross member on the boat pulling it over the front. Use neoprene gloves, the metal will be really slimy.

At this point you can raise the shore side cross member from any firm support onto the shore, since the lake side cross member is floating under the boat. I have used dock poles (2”x 10’+) for levers and to slide the lift up on to shore. They are not a necessity but helpful.

Swing the lake side beam (parallel to shore) up onto the front of the boat, pull and or push the lift to shore (if you can, sometimes I get it 51% on shore and then disconnect it from the boat, pull back and push with the front).

Maybe you have done this before. I’m sure you know ice will mangle your lift if it is left in the water (yep, seen that). If I lived on the water I would have a lift for sure.

You will be tempted to get in the water and lift. I refuse to do that, the lifts are heavy, slimy and it is usually just me and another guy. I have no interest in being pinned to the bottom of the lake.

My $.02, worth what you paid for it,

SD2

smokedog2,

That is sure a unique idea, we usually get our neighbors together and get a bunch of uys to put al the docks and hoists in in mid may.

i was thinking of getting these wheels i found online if they are reasonbly priced, same idea though to float it.

http://www.floatngo.com/index.html
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold