Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Summer of Frustration

This summer has not been going very well so far for my new 07 XLV. Aside from the small irritating things that have been wrong with the boat, like No engine compartment hatch, leaking coolant hoses, and a broken depth finder, there has also been some rather large problems with the boat. The Return fuel line was installed incorrectly and it was being pinched between the floor, the gas tank and another screw head. This took about 3 weeks in the shop to track down and figure out by testing the fuel line to notice it has been running at well over 100PSI (Peaked the scale). Now ever since we've had it back it has been starting very hard, and this weekend it got to a point were it would no longer start. We checked the plugs and they did not have gas on them, and then removed the fuel filter to check for a clog, and all we found from the was tons of back pressure from the engine (This was after the 60psi pressure had been released). We eventually were able to get the boat started

All and all I am very dissatisfied with our new Moomba so far, and I would really like to get this boat running the way a real Moomba should be.

Any Advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your problems...I too have had a few problems with my 07 XLV GG. All I can say is that Skiers Choice wants to help make things better so I'd contact them if your dealer is dropping the ball. Good Luck
    Contrary to popular belief, a boat does not run on "Thank Yous"

I work at a Moomba dealer and I noticed that all of the boats this year have the official tow boat stickers on the windows and on the back of the boat from the outbacks to the mobius's. However my New XLV does not.

hmmm?

from your other post . Do you really work for an SC dealer?
    Seems to me there might be better way to resolve your problem with your boat rather then making your place of employment look like Please fill in the ____________. Kind of like bitting the hand that feeds you. Just
    some food for thought.

I too was shocked that you work at a dealer, and were bagging on the product. What's the scoop Chef??

Chef is my son and I can confirm that he does have a summer job working at the Moomba dealership. I don't think he was intending to bash the dealer. In fact the dealer has been great and has put in a considerable amount of time and effort to resolve the issues. I will try to straighten out some of the facts. The problem started with the check engine light comming on. We took the boat back to the dealer and he needed to order the new software to read the engine codes on the new 340 EXT/CAT engine. He ordered the software overnight and the next day was able to read the code as an O2 sensor problem. He checked the O2 sensor and it checked ok so he reset the ECM and we took the boat home. The first time we took the boat in it was not running bad. The following weekend the boat began running worse and the check engine light came on again. This time the ECM was showing both O2 sensors problems. The dealer was in contact with Larry at Indmar they took the boat out and recorded the data on a laptop to send to Indmar. Indmar sent him new O2 sensors to install. We again picked the boat up and the preformance was poor the check engine light came on again. We again brought the boat back to the dealer and Indmar was prepared to overnight a new engine but they decided to check the fuel pressure first. The fuel pressure was in excess on 100PSI (gauge only went to 100) should be 60PSI. Larry suggested that they change the fuel regulator which they did and the problem was still there. The dealer then removed the return fuel hose and the pressure went to normal. The dealer then removed the floor and found that the return fuel line was pinched between the floor and the tank. This was clearly an assembly error on the part of Moomba. The dealer replaced and rerouted the hose. I believe that the problem did not show up at first untill more people were in the boat weighting down the floor. This was not an easy problem to find or solve and both Larry at Indmar and the dealer did a good job. The newest problem is now a starting problem and I see a similar post made today by gt9118 for starting problems on an 07 LSV. I sent an email to Larry at Indmar today providing him with all the details of the problem. The other problems have been little annoying issues that the dealer has fixed, engine compartment missing the hasp, cooling hose not put on correctly(leaking), deepth finder sensor not glued to the floor properly, one of the ballast switches did not work properly , the light on one of the dash switches did not work, Buzzing noise from the tower speakers when the fan or heater blower is operating ( this is not fixed yet Moomba has been contacted by the dealer and they told them to check the grounds. I had an 04 LSV with a 340 engine put 404 hrs on in 3 years and never had a problem. I did email Brian Raymond on the engine problems over a week ago and he did not reply. I know that these boats are hand built and I don't expect that everything is perfect but I have had my share of problems.

LMAO - first line.

No time to read the rest, I'll get back but thats funny.

The cobbler’s kids never have shoes.

I see a computer ban coming

First off I would like to say that my other post had nothing to do with this one. That post was simply saying that I didn't see any ryhme or reason for which boats got the stickers and which boats didnt, I was just wondering if anyone had some good insight.

As for the bashing my own product, I'm not a sales man I'm going to tell it like it is whetherI work and a SC dealer or not. As stated above we had a 04 LSV and we never had a problem with it, I would have reccomended that boat to everyone. But as far as our recent moomba product I have not been satisfied. I only get 3 months of warm weather and A month of it is almost gone. I'm not bashing the dealer, they've been very helpful. I'm just extremly disapointed we have a brand new boat and it doesnt work right, It's very frustrating.

My reason to reference your other post was only to question your
    employment with a SC dealer not anything to do with your sticker issue. I would be willing to bet SC would have been all to happy to send you some with just a request. I can only speculate that your employer and SC
    may have a different view now, just a real world observation on my part.
    Good luck with the boat

Is it 'Chef'...or was post to b 'Chief'?

B

As of this morning the check engine light is back on and the boat now needs to go back into the shop