Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 14 year girls

Most people do not think of PWC as boats so do not think they need the same training. They are "toys".

Why is it that stupid people are the ones who are the most offended when they are told what is right and wrong ?

The word "education" is becoming a four letter word in this country.

-J

Sled491 Guest

Man ain't that the truth Joe.

As an update my buddy got his boat back friday and it looks perfect. Bill to girls father who was driving the PWC... $2000.00. Her father just remended her that this was enought money to put down on her car when she turned 16. She got the picture!

Default Jet skis and close calls

So you guys will love this one then. A friend was trying to spray the floating dock with his jet ski (with a rider on the back). You guessed it - got too close and hit the raft. Threw everyone off the raft, but did not lose the riders. No one hurt thankfully. They inspected the jet ski and noticed very little sign of impact. Just some scuffing on the rub rail. They parked it for the night and came back to find it submerged in the morning. There was a baseball sized hole below the water line.

The funny part of this, is that the group was familiar with my feelings regarding jet skis, and one of the teens who did not know me very well asked: "Do you think Dave (me) would have come over and put a hole in this over night?"

I almost died laughing. Not that I had not considered it ...

Dave
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Sled491 Guest

That's priceless!

When I was towing my daughter on a kneeboard last week, 2 goobers on jetskis decided to start jumping my wake. They were cutting in about 10 feet behind my daughter and all I could see in my mind was her falling and being run down by those idiots. We tried to wave them off but they just didn't get it. As they were leaving my wake I had my daughter let go and I did one of those power-turns that piss me off so much. This was the one situation that they are necessary for. I was a boiling at this point and as I came around, some demon inside me yelled "BACK OFF A$$HOLES!!!!!" I had my other 2 daughters and one of their friends on the boat, so it wasn't my proudest moment. After I got my daughter in the boat the jetskiers were just sitting about 50 yds away. I would have liked to take a minute to go over and explain why their actions were dangerous and rude, but I had lost all credibility with my outburst. As I started to leave they followed me and started going for my wake. That was when I dropped the hammer and let the Outback do the talking. There is really no wake at 40MPH.

I really do feel sometimes like I am the only one on the lake who cares, or is paying attention. I love to be in my boat on the water, but I am always aware of the inherent danger in what I am doing. Put someone in the water behind the boat, and the danger increases exponentially. My wife thinks I'm a grouch when the water gets crowded and people get stupid. I just can't relax when I am feeling an impending disaster.

I agree wholeheartedly that anyone operating anything bigger than a rowboat or canoe should have to have formal training and pass a test. I'll be the first one to sign up for the class!!

Dave

I had a similar situation a few years ago with jetskiers (idots). My kneeboarder did fall and the idots missed her by inches. First thing I did after checking on my rider was chase down the idots until they stopped. Needless to say when I got through with them (nothing physical) the jetski was sitting on the bank and they were scared to death to come back out. The thing about them is they were visting family from out of town and had never been on a jetski before that day.

I had some trying to jump my wake last weekend so I just slowed down to idol speed until they got the picture and moved on.

I hate jetskis
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

I had jetskiers jumping my wake with a wakeboarder in tow. I had a break and stopped the boat picked up the boarder went to the jet skieers and told them they can jump the wake all they want but not with someone in tow. I gave them a good wake, got on my cell phone acting like I was talking to friends, called the sheriff and gave my location and I even drove them to the sheriff and they got busted. I took off and we finished our boarding. I really don't see much of that anymore where I live as they do enforce the reckless driving rules.