Default Alabama Lakes - Need a new spot

Well, my local spot Lay lake has been pronounced dead for the summer! The water level has gotten too low to launch the boat and the water ways just aren't safe. Where are the rest of you AL guys going? I need a new spot. I have only ridden my new board twice and I need help!!!!
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I love Lake Martin (not Logan Martin) but I am not sure what the water levels are like down there right now. I know there are some very nice very deep and safe areas. Where are you located?

Jesse,

Is it not safe to go out of Beeswax? I was planning on leaving there and heading towards Wilsonville past the powerplant. Let me know if you have heard anything bad about that area, I know the lake is going to be down 3-1/2 feet, but I thought the channels would be safe.

Lake Martin is down 6'3". They are measuring in inches now. They will probably be at their winter levels by July.

Dave

I guess that is a problem everywhere. I'm in SE Arkansas and our lake is dropping fast, mostly due to irrigation. I'm picking up my new LS tomorrow (1st Moomba) and hope I get to use it the rest of the summer.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

Why would I give away my secret spot?

<-- Hint, look at my location I should be out there tomorrow but have to come back to the city Sunday for Papa's Day

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Buggy
    I love Lake Martin (not Logan Martin) but I am not sure what the water levels are like down there right now. I know there are some very nice very deep and safe areas. Where are you located?
    Georgia Power Lakes:
    http://lakes.southernco.com/

Alabama Power Lakes:
    http://www.alabamapower.com/lakes/iframe_lakelevel.asp

Martin is under Boating Hazard Warnings!
    If you do know know the lake, recommend you stay off it.
    Many shoals that are normally 6-7 feet under the surface are visible.

Do be careful!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A
    Jesse,

Is it not safe to go out of Beeswax? I was planning on leaving there and heading towards Wilsonville past the powerplant. Let me know if you have heard anything bad about that area, I know the lake is going to be down 3-1/2 feet, but I thought the channels would be safe.

Lake Martin is down 6'3". They are measuring in inches now. They will probably be at their winter levels by July.

Dave
    I have not heard anything official about the lake levels. It just makes me really nervous to run in Lay lake with the water levels that low. We had a tough time loading the boat at Okomo last week. My parents said the dock is unuseable and they pulled their pontoon boat out last week. I am going to look into lake Jordan to see what it is like. It appears that this lake is only down a few inches, but I do not know anything about it. Let me know how the power plant looks, I may go out next weekend if what you find is acceptable.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In