Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Steering cable specs for 05 LSV.

Can someone tell me what the specs for the steering cable and rack are for my 2005 Mobius LSV? Will the Teleflex "The Rack" work in this boat? Is it an 18ft. cable? Any info would be great as my boat is a few hundred miles out from the nearest dealer and they want 200.00 for the cable and 4-5 hours for labor......so I want to do this on my own at my slip. Thanx

I just replaced the one on my 02 LSV. I am not sure if they are the same. The installation was really easy. It took about an hour and a half from start to finish. Had we not taken breaks to do back flips on the trampoline and go get more beer, we probably could have finished a little quicker. My only piece of advise is that when you are pulling the old cable out, tie a line to the end of it BEFORE you pull it out the last 3 feet where it goes past the gas tank and under the helm. It makes it much easier to fish it back through to the helm and over the gas tank.

Oh yeah, make sure you have the cable in the "shortest" configuration. What I mean is turn the steering wheel all the way to which ever direction makes the cable the shortest. We forgot to do this and it was almost impossible to colapse the cable so it would go the last three feet.

The part number on the one the dealer sold me was SSC13418 it is described on the box as: Back MT SGL Rack CABLE 18.

Through the dealer it was 160 plus tax.

Call Brian Raymond for directions on replacing the cable. He is soooooo helpful!!!

I will post pics as soon as I can get them off of the camera.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Here are two pics from the cable replacement.

Here is the floor removal.

Where the red arrow is was the point where we tied the line to the end of the steering cable so we could fish it back through from the helm to the gas tank.

15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

well my steering is no longer a one finger turn so im thinking i need
    a new cable, was going to ask for advice on how to do this and
    thought why dont i look thru all the old post and there it is--pictures
    with a helpfull tip and on the same boat no less-----a-v drive .

JesseC--thanks for the pics

stacy

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze
    well my steering is no longer a one finger turn so im thinking i need
    a new cable, was going to ask for advice on how to do this and
    thought why dont i look thru all the old post and there it is--pictures
    with a helpfull tip and on the same boat no less-----a-v drive .

JesseC--thanks for the pics

stacy
    Not a problem. Just make sure you get all of the screws out of the floor. There are about 6 of them inside each of the "seating" holes where the cushions go. You can see them in the floor/hole in the bottom right of the picture above. Do not force the floor up, it is very easy to lift free. If you miss any screws, you are gonna have issues putting the floor back and it not rattling or creaking. This is a very easy task.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I think JesseCs a genuis his work is impecable (sp?) for real Jesse you impress me with your innovations. wish you were closer to me i'd sure try to draw on some of your knowledge and skills for my boat projects! thanks for sharing all with us, you are an asset to the community! bob

Yes he is. He could prolly polish a turd and make it shine like a diamond.
    Just check out his links....let the work speak for itself.
    B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

I love you guys!!! Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate it. I have to admit that a lot of the credit has to go to Brian Raymond and Larry (Engine Nut). Whenever I get stuck or am not sure about how to do something, I give these guys a call. Then all I have to do is folllow their instructions and post a few pics to help out others! They are two of the friendliest and most helpful people I have encountered in boating, I hope to end up "passing by" and meeting them in person some day. I should be posting pics on a custom lightbar in a month or so. I have been working on it for a while and just had too many house/work interuptions to finish it. This winter I only have two projects so far. Add the light bar and add a second wired remote to the bow area for the wife.

The only problem I have now is that I need a new LSV so I can keep up to date , but I don't see that happening any time soon unless someone at skiers choice feels sorry for me!!!
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

hey there i realize this thread is Old, but i have an 05 LSV that's hard to steer and i want to replace my cable and in your thread you say to call Brian Raymond for directions and i was wondering who he is and what his number is ?
    thanks
    Jody

Brian was the parts guy at Skiers Choice. Not sure who the contact is now.

These guys are another source. skidim.com
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI