Default Ski Hut in Tennessee

Well, I hate to vent, but this seems the appropriate place for it. I made a post in June regarding impeller problems, and my engine locking up.

I had many referrals from these boards to go to Ski Hut on Old Hickory Blvd in Nashville.

At fist glance, those folks over there seemed to be ok, pretty nice, pretty helpful. After examining my boat and the situation which was the precurser of bringing it in, the folks over there told me, "my impeller went bad. It should be no problem and we can fix it in a couple of days."

Well, after a couple of days with no phone calls I followed up and they told me that is was fixed and waiting to be picked up, but they "just had to start it". After starting it, they informed me that..."oops, your starter went bad. Gotta replace it too." Well, after another week in the shop, and after following up many times I finally got the go to pick it up....again!

"We'll just run out there and start it." And to mine and your suprise, we got another phone call..."your engine has burnt up and you will have to get a NEW BLOCK!!!!!!" Hell, it will only be another $4,000 bringing our grand total of repair work on a KANGA with 45hrs to.........(drum roll please.....$5,300 and some change)... pretty nice huh, especially considering we bought it 3 weeks ago and all of this supposedly happened our FRIST time out on the lake!

So, they had to order another block...which would only take another week and a half and then about 25 hours to install. After giving them the OK to do it....(I had no choice)...they called me back 2 weeks later to tell me that the problem was a water lock-up inside the block, cuz the impeller couldnt pull it back out when it went out....and we could "come pick up the boat" (for the 3rd time) I went ahead and asked them to crank it first before they informed me I would have to purchase a new boat.........

Anyway- after a month of waiting for them to tell me water was in my engine and catching them in around 6-7 different lies, I actually got to get my boat. Thank God. But....rest assured, I WILL NOT be back to SKI HUT, EVER.

Im usually not one to bad mouth anyone or anything, but this was my experience and I would NEVER want anyone to go through the range of emotions I went through last month!

Have a great day and I hope see yall on the lake....FINALLY!!!

MemphisherMan

Ouch! Was the warranty expired on the boat? I'm assuming you bought the boat used, does the warranty on the engine not transfer to the new owner? Maybe you should try contacting a rep from either Indmar or Skier's Choice to see what they have to say.

Brian

Default Ouch is Right!!!

99 Kanga, old warranty.
    Fixed now, thank God! But just a miserable experience. I'm a new boat owner, so this was quite a tremendous shock to me. I learnes ALOT though.

MADDNESS!!!!

Default Sorry

Man that sucks. I am one of the ones that told you Ski Hut was ok. I took mine there for de-winterizing and everything was fine but you have me thinking now on where to go if something goes wrong. Problem is, mine is still under warranty and they are the only dealer in town. Hope you have fun now that you are on the water. If you see a yellow outback on Old Hickory or Center Hill, stop and say hello.

Default thanks anyweigh

No sweat.

I appreciate your referral anyweigh~ Ill be on Center Hill this weekend. Got a cabin near the dam.

Have a good one!

Wow, you seem awfully mellow about this whole thing. I can't see how this would even be an issue of warranty. It sounds to me like one of two things happened considering your limited use of the boat. Either the dealership accidentally caused the damage themselves or the previous owner did it. Either way, I'd be looking for someone to pick up the tab. As far as I know, the previous owner would be legally responsible if they knew there was a problem and didn't disclose it to you. On the other hand, if it was the dealer.....
    If I took my car to the dealership to have a water pump replaced and the next thing I know they tell me they burnt the motor up I'd definitely expect them to pick up the tab replacing it.

He is not telling the whole story?

Default mellow???

it only cost us...bout $800. better than the expected $5,200. You gotta take it all in stride. Boat works like a charm.

Default Try Lee County Inboard

Given your username, i assume you live in Memphis. You should us Lee County Inboard (Moomba Dealer) in Tupelo, MS. http://leecountyinboard.com/ I live in Memphis and purchased a mobius from Ty Hill, the owner. I have been increadibly pleased with his service and support.
    MoombaFan