Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depth finder

Default Depth finder

I bought one. However, I have drill a hugh hole somewhere to install the meter. Has anyone done this??? The best placement that I can see is above the throttle.

Any thoughts?
    Mike

Default depth finder

I just had a Uniden depth finder installed in my dash below the RPM guage, just to the right of the steering wheel. It fits well.

I looked into mounting it around the throttle, but thought it might be awkward to look at.....

I was pleasanty surprised how accurately it reads. The transducer is epoxied to the hull just to the right of the engine block.

Good luck with install.

Default Depth Gauge

I have 03 Mobius LSV and want to install a depth gauge. Did you epoxy the transducer directly to the fiberglass bottom inside the boat? Any help on where to mount the transducer in my boat would be very helpful. Thank you.

Bobby
    Bobby

Brian Raymond Guest

Default Transducer mount

If the boat in question is an inboard, the transducer should be mounted about 2" behind the stbd. transmission mount, and between it and the coupler(roughly 2" stbd. of keel centerline). Make sure to sand the mounting area with 80 grit sandpaper, then, apply the 2part epoxy, making sure there are no air voids between the bilge and transducer. This can be achieved by twisting the transducer back and forth gently, until it hits the bilge. If the boat is a V-drive model, the same technique is applied, however, the placement is just fwd. of the speedo p/up, and about 2" port of keel ctr. line. Brian Raymond

I failed to mention, I have 2001 mobius. There does not appear to be a place on the dash to drill a hole. Again, I was thinking about drilling the hole for the meter above the arm rest which id above the throttle.

Any idea on what would be the best drill bit to use?

Also, I am going to place the transducer near the bilge.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Mike

I also have a 01 mobius i am looking into getting the piece of trim the 2003 have on the armrest above the throttle. I will let you know how i make out.
    You don't know unless you try

I also have a 01 mobius i am looking into getting the piece of trim the 2003 have on the armrest above the throttle. I will let you know how i make out.
    You don't know unless you try

Default Put the depth finder in the dash

When I bought my Mobius the depth finder was next to the throttle. Very poor location as you can't drive and watch the depths at the same time. I moved the most useless 2" gauge, the voltmeter to that location and placed the depth gauge in the dash. Works much better.

Now I know why they don't put speedometers in cars on the drivers door...like duh.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I got frustrated trying to figure out where to mount a dial gauge on the 99 outback.

So, I installed a humminbird 400tx on the passenger dash.

Gives digital depth and bottom profile.

Would not have a simple gauge after using this.

Keeps me in good graces of the bass and catfish crowd that dominate my ramp, also.

Here's an old set pictures of an antenna installation. The depth finder is visible through the windshield. This is a great set-up: http://members.cavtel.net/hct

Default Headsup Display

What we need her fellas is fighter jet technology....like a heads up display. Of course that might just freak out all the Bass and Catfish folks on his launch.

I'm sure the boys over at Northrop Grumman would share some of their F22 Technology with the good folks at Skiers Choice. Can't hurt to ask.
    Matt Elliott
    2003 Mobius