Thread: tantrum...

Default tantrum...

My son (15) landed tantrum first time this wk.end. seems many time has too much momentum on rotation and when his board lands the momentum just slams him right on over... any suggestions ? another big smile oh the small victories are sweet...

Congrats to your son Bob!

I am guessing that he probably isnt getting quite enough pop off the wake. If he is 'throwing' this trick, like he would if he were doing a back flip off the bow of the boat - he is going at it too hard. A tantrum is referred to as a 'trick flip' and should be nearly effortless in the air. I learned this the hard way as well-same kind of falls.
    As he approaches the wake, have him square his shoulders up (wait until he is in the trough of the wake) - if he rides regular, his right hand extended and pointed down the wake away from the boat. The same time he is getting the normal POP off the wake, he will get tripped. To fully commit or initiate the flip, he just needs to lift his chin up and look straight behind him. He can begin looking/spotting for the water for his landing. This is very important as it will keep him on axis and allow him to get higher in the air for a softer - almost straight down landing. Also - make sure he is more or less extended with his body - you don't want your knees in your chest on this flip.
    Land - grin and ride away.....

I hope that helps......

Nate

thanks Nate, My son gave you a read and "understands" what your talking about, we will probally give it a spin, Thurs. afternoon weather permiting, by Sat. anyway, we will post you a report ! thanks again, and have a super summer! bob