Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pike,
    It's about 30 to 45 min from the strip. There are two Hotels near the Lake. Pretty inexpensive to stay. But if you have a motor home, there is a great motorhome park next to Boulder City, which is next to Heminway lanch area. Holiday weekends are the worst. It just takes a long time because they only have half of the ramps open. I would Google Lake Mead, Las vegas to see where is the best place to launch. I heard that they will be widening a ramp here very soon. Heminway ramp is very close to Hoover Dam. The only thing is that the water is very rough around there. I always go about 1 hr. boat ride north through the narrows to the upper basin. Water is great. Night a day difference between the two locations. Also, gas up intown somwhere. Gas on the water is going for $4.15 a gallon right now.If you have any questions, PM me and I will give you my cell number.
    Mark

tazz,

Did you go out on Saturday? I was out on Sunday and it got pretty windy around 2:00 so we headed back into Calville. It was early, so it only took us about an hour to get out. My wife was about 15 trailers back when she got in line.

I hate to hear that about Echo Bay. I was out there last Sunday and it was the best time I have had on Mead. Glass and no boats from 8:00 to noon. Only problem was the single boat width to get past the marina out to the bay. I didn’t notice any problems with the launch, but I think we’re loosing water every week.

We went to Mojave the weekend before that. I think it would have been nice if it wasn’t so windy. Nice launch at Cottonwood Cove and full of water unlike Mead.

Sled491 Guest

Yeah she's down. I was out in Vegas working for about 5 weeks. I didn't have my boat, but I had my dive gear. It was 90 ft down in April. For those not familiar with this lake, next time your in Vegas to party like a rock star take the drive (30-40mins) to the lake, it's impressive to say the least. Tazz sounds like the next investment is a monster truck!

AZHeat,
    I was there on Saturday. It was some of the best water. We skied and wakeboarded until we could not hold on the rope anymore. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law went out on Sunday. They said it was like to ocean out there. They also called it a short day. I might want to try and launch in Overton. I heard that it is nice up there. Unlike the lower Lake. Hope to see you there sometime. I agree with the single lane at Echo Bay. I got yelled at because a house boat was coming at me pretty fast. I had the right away. I still had to back up and move for the bigger boat. You all know how hard it is to reverse our boats.
    Tazz

Zabooda - Have you spent much time on Coeur d'Alene? I am spending the July 4th week up there. We have a house rented in a cove across from the resort. It has a dock w/ 2 slips. I will be pulling the Outback the 14 hours to get there. It is a big lake, but it looks to have a lot of little fingers. I've also heard that the water is good up the river. Are you in the Spokane area? Any words of wisdom would be great.
    Thanks,
    Dave

tazz, go with the new wake prop.

oj 14.25 X 14.

it will give you much better hole shot.

db

Thanks QB

re:
    Oh and by the way....dont be so greedy with your water!! Us here in california give you guys in vegas all our money...at least you can give us some water!!
    Last I heard California actually is taking all the water the Colorado has to offer that gets there. From what I was told, the Colorado river no longer makes it to the ocean.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off