Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 20 Hr Service

Well I got my 20 hr service done. Oil, filter change and checked all fluids and such. Total damage was $240. The boat ran flawless before taking it in, two minutes away from the dock after the service the engine quits. It did start again right away and ran fine the little bit we took her out for that evening. The next time we took the boat out we had problems. More than a few times while cruising on plane the boat would suddenly slow down, we would throttle down and nack up again and it would take right off. Also noticed that when the engine would be running over 3k the needle on the tach would keep dropping down around 1k then back up to it's normal reading, but the engine would be running steady the whole time. Anybody have any ideas out there? It's an 06' LSV with the 325. Also the tech noted some non-active codes stored in the computer which they cleared. One code did return after running the engine, ecm health co-processor failure, any ideas?

Sorry for the long post, but the boat ran like a charm until she was serviced

Okay, my turn for the 20 hr service. Went on a 4 day boat trip this weekend and my 2006 LSV now has 23 hours on the clock. Dealer wants $250 for the service so I am looking into doing it myself. In looking at the owner's manual for the boat, it recommends changing the engine oil and filter and checking the trans fluid and v-drive fluid. However, the Indmar manual that came with the boat shows that the trans fluid and the v-drive fluid should be changed during the 20 hr service. So which is correct?

If anyone has changed the v-drive fluid and the tranny fluid, is it any more difficult than changing the engine oil?

Engine Nut, I would greatly appreciate if could you please comment.

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Also, the Indmar manual refers to 3 different transmissions and three differnet V-drive units. How do I know which model my boat is equipped with?

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Let the dealer do the 20 hour.

All the rest are basic oil/fluid/impeller changes, the 20 hour is really best for the dealer to do a full checkout.

I think all the v-drives take the same fluid, and all the tranys take the same fluid - but again - let the dealer do the 20 hour.

just my $0.02,

Joe

Joe is right. Hopefully, if needed, you've made a list of things that the dealer can address at the same time you take it in for your 20 hr. checkup.
    Even if you are concerned about any detail, bring it to the dealer's attention and I believe your dealer will do his best to make sure you are a satisfied customer or at least give you input.
    Hope this helps,
    B

Butta & Joe,

The different tranny's and v-drives do not take the same fluid and/or the capacities are different.

Everything on my boat is working fine. What little issues I've had I've fixed myself. I did all the maintenance on my previous boat which I owned for 15 years with no problems. I don't mind paying the dealer for something if I can't do it myself. I am quite capable of changing engine oil and have changed the tranny oil, transfer case oil, and differential oil on my tow vehicle, and replaced the motor mounts too, so I think I can manage the v-drive oil change and the trans fluid change unless there's something I don't know about. I read up on how to check alignment of the output shaft so I will do that as well. If it's out of spec, then I'll bring it in to the dealer. That's really the only thing that concerns me.

I did call the dealer today and they tell me that they would change the tranny and v-drive fluid at the 20 hour and all it entails is sucking the fluid out of the fill hole. I can handle that. They did not mention that they would change the impeller at the 20 hr.

I enjoy tinkering with the boat and I don't mind doing the maintenance myself especially if it saves me $200+. I can put that towards getting larger fat sacs and wakesurf racks (or a full tank of gas and dinner).

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Did not mean to insult your intelligence, nor imply or infer you couldn't do the tasks at hand. I let the dealer do my 20 hr for a couple reasons, one main reason was to establish a relationship with the service dept. I want top notch service (doesn't everyone?) and my equipment returned to me reasonably quickly. I don't go there often, but they know me and take an interest whenever I come in.
    Ever since then, I do it myself. If I need advice, they say do not hesitate to call.
    BTW, your tranny make and model should be on a plate attached or stamped into the casting of the tranny. Mine is.
    Hope this helps
    B

Butta,

No offense taken. Just wanted you to know where I was coming from.

I will look for any identifying marks on the tranny and v-drive. Thanks for the tip.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Cool, I was concerned about it. Just trying to share the luv
    B