Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 20 Hr Service

Default Fluids change

I have an '06 LSV that's due for it's 20 hour service. I talked to an Indmar service tech and was told at the 20 hour service they only change the engine oil. I checked the owners manual and it says the same thing. I'm curious how many owners had all their fluids changed at 20 hours and what reason for changing the V-drive and tranny fluid?

I don't think they change anything but the engine oil. I think the service is really to check everything out and make sure the motor a transmision will continue to perform the way they are meant to perform. The dealer can probably give you a list of what it is that they check.

Heck, what's another $400 for a little piece of mind. So far, aside from gas, the 20hr, 50hr, & 100hr service are the only thing I have spent money on. The boat has operated perfectly.

B*O*A*T

Break Out Another Thousand

Hole in the water you throw money into

Happiest times are when you buy and sell

Bla, Bla, Bla

Everyone's nervous when they make a big, luxury purchase. I have had my boat 2-1/2 years and the only time I even remotely felt bad was in the winter when it was sitting in the garage. I feel good everytime I get in it, whether I am cleaning it, driving it, or just sitting in the back seat drinking a beer during the winter when I can't take it out.

How much is a little happieness worth?

Default Re: Fluids change

Quote Originally Posted by Madtown Mobius
    I have an '06 LSV that's due for it's 20 hour service. I talked to an Indmar service tech and was told at the 20 hour service they only change the engine oil. I checked the owners manual and it says the same thing. I'm curious how many owners had all their fluids changed at 20 hours and what reason for changing the V-drive and tranny fluid?

They didn't list all of what was done at my 20 hr, but they did say they changed the oil and changed the fuel filter. Also a few other minor things
    Contrary to popular belief, a boat does not run on "Thank Yous"

105.99 for mine

Default cost

Paid $198 for the 20hr. Included a new battery cable.

just got the service completed and it was $160. a lot better price then i was quoted from the local dealer, which was $300. too bad i had to go to a malibu/centurion shop to get it done. $140 in gas money goes a long way.

I just had my 20 hr service done on my 07 LSV. They changed the oil in the engine and vdrive, checked all other fluids, checked hose clamps, ballast system,steering linkage,shaft, prop, etc., along with warranty items that I had a list of: depth finder needed to be glued down as it had become unglued, rewire battery switch as it did not turn off power to accessories when in the 0 (off) position, as well as around 8 minor things. I was very pleased when I got the bill for 97.00 which included tax!
    Moritz Sport and Marine rocks!

Bob

OK, OK People!! Enough with the stories of how you got a great deal!! It makes me sick to think that I got bent over paying $400 for my service!!!

Pike,

Sorry for the insensitivity - won't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleebik
    Pike,

Sorry for the insensitivity - won't happen again.

LOL I guess I should have put something in my message about my "sarcasm".... No need at all to apologize, I was totally kidding around. I just see it as a learning experiance.