Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SC may want to take a look at the issue. I had the same thing happen to my new '05 LSV. Went to the lake with my wife and friend fully intending on just motoring around for the break-in period, but ended up pulling my hair out scared as hell I wouldn't make it back to the dock before I sunk my brand new boat. Turns out the intake hose was hooked up, but not the return.

Luckily only about 45 minutes away to the dealer and they had me on the water that same day. Also cost them a starter a few months down the road due to the water level that day. SC stood behind and replaced. Only complaint is that it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

gsi09907
    Have them check your raw water pump.If it ran a while dry it may have caused some damage.Sorry about you bad luck.
    John

Al, Dave, et al,

I'll keep this brief as the problems seem to be resolved (let's hope).

I am a realist. Anyone who gets all huffy about things not working as they are "supposed too" is living in fantasy land, and does not realize what they do day to day.

Anyone here actually return their cars when they refuse to start ?

Anyone here have a problem with the boat and just hand the dealer the keys and say "nevermind - you can have it back" ?

Anyone return their PC's because windows crashed again ?

Not threaten, actually walk away and never look back.

Everyone , including myself EXPECTS 100% perfection... however it is what happens after 100% is not seen that we all differ.

We are all alike - some just think of themselves differently.

For the record, I've worked in integrated circuits manufacturing (large wafers) in college - if there is a more demanding point of perfection in business (not science), I am not aware of it - our clean rooms make hospitals look like thrid world nations. Picometer varriences can look like the grand canon. Screw "Mil-spec" that shit is like 20 times less demanding. The words "close enough" cannot exist.

My family is in construction - the most out of control "close enough" industry. Quality is NOT first priority - profit is. If not, the owners go out of business or the stock holders take it from them. Glad everyone wears it on their sleeve - but true quality only comes from pride in ones work - no matter what job/grade/level it is at - I do not need to brag about my job to explain this.

Expectations of quality do not demand outrageous overdramatic responses.

Reality is that things are NOT perfect and these are BOATS - for fun... "pleasuse craft." The realiaty is that they have just enough quality control as SC deem needed. They want to keep their good name and I'm sure they are working on doing so. It may take a few bad issues like this to shake them up and change some of the line or the process, or add a few more checkpoints along the way, or take the boats out for longer checkout water drives, or demand the dealers check more items during pre-delivery, etc, etc, etc. ALL striving for closer to 100%

Human deficiencies are there - but not always noticable. The more complex a system is and the more layers it contains, the more these add up. Making a garden hose is a pretty simple thing, if it breaks, then possibly they have the wrong amount of pvc for that batch and it got too brittle. But if the hose is in the space shuttle, then the complexity of the system is beyond what can be forseen. (my ex gf woked in opf - this is a true story)

In this case - some guy did not tighten a clamp enough on gsi0997's intake.

Give me back my $40K !!!!!

-Joe

seriously though...

Peace and flat water to all of you. I wish you all safe boating and thanks for skipping the crap above and reading this part.

Hey Joe,

Peace and happy boating to you too. I think this topic sparked some good discussion and we all obviously have different tolerances for quality issues, but it's all good.

Let's hope that SC is addressing their recent QA issues and will hopefully deliver a better initial product in the future.

Have a great weekend.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Default Dealer

Dealer Story.

I think I will head out and check some hose fittings. I've got 10 hours on my 07 LSV and I had a possible issue which forced me to go back to the dealer in Michigan to have it checked out. I can tell you that they literally blew me away with how honest, fast, reliable and nice they were with me. Simply put, I spend $ 40K with them, I had a problem, and I drove a long way to go back, but they tested the boat in the bay in their service area (which was cool), then hooked it to a computer, then after not being able to duplicate the problem every time...they lake tested it with me and then gave me the thumbs up...and sent me on my way...with a smile. So....while I too get concerned about Quality, I am equally concerned about after the sale support and with SC backing me (and my dealer) up when I need it. I'll buy 10 more boats or more before I drop....and I will tell 20 friends where I bought my boat...so take care of me SC and you'll sell more boats. They do...and I will. Thanks to the guys at Club Royale. Simply fantastic service from these guys (and it appears from SC dealers as a whole)

Got her back and she's ready to rip, everything works fine... I did learn that my Sirius radio piece that I paid for was somehow left of thoe, anyways the boat is awesome and i am happy again....

later

Sled491 Guest

See here is the one fact most every overlooked. These boats, toys, whatever you want to call them are for pleasure, and in todays life pleasure or fun time can be hard to come across. $40k, 50k 60k it doesn't matter, if that is what you were willing to spend. The problem is that when a $16 dollar hose bursts, or a wire lead fell off, it took away from your limited fun time, and I think that is what pisses most of us off. I took my boat for its shake down ride and burst a coolant hose with just 90 minutes on the motor. I was pissed, but not because of the 40k I have into my boat, but becuase it ruined a nice little boat ride.

Dollar for Dollar I still think these are the best dam ski boats on the lake!

GS
    Good to hear that your boat is back in shape. Good Luck and have lots of fun.
    Mark

I really can understand the frustrarion level for any one who had such a "suprise" on the first cruise with the new boat. I worked as career auto technician for 23 years and have seen my share of horrific failures on brand new vehicles. I am sure that you will be taken care of in a manner that is due to you for your troubles. Boats are alot more simple than modern auto's are and yes we don't expect problems with brand new equipment, but go to any local dealer and see the line of brand new vehicles lining up to be worked on everyday and I will assure you that there is alot less traffic at your marine dealer.Thank God nobody was injured and you were able to get the boat on the trailer. Tomorrow is a brand new day. Best to you and enjoy your time on the lake with your loved ones

I manage a purchasing department and, as part of the job, deploy manufacturing auditors to seller's sites around the world. We see a lot of stuff.

There exist generic standards, such as, but not limited to, ISO certifications, that must be in place prior to adding a supplier to our qualification lists.

Such standards cover the full range of business functions, from design to order processing to personnel training.

Might be time for a review of processes and QA management philopsophy.