Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who has upgraded there ballest Help needed

I have a 05 lsv with the factory 1 bag system.I want to up grade to at least 2 more 1 in each v drive storage compartment.Want to get ideas from people who have done it

Added rear ballast to my 05 LSV over the winter. E-mail Reed Clairborne, the parts guy at Skiers Choice ([email protected]) for a quote. He has a list of all the parts you need. Don't buy the stock bags. Get the 400 lb Flyhigh Pro X v drive bags. Got mine from Wakeside. Might want to consider upgrading your prop to the OJ XMP Edge 14.25 X 14 for better holeshot. Made a huge difference on my boat.

Did you do the install yourself? If so what is all involved?

Seth,

My 2006 LSV was delivered to the dealer with the Gravity I ballast. Before taking delivery, I had the dealer upgrade it to the Gravity III system and they charged me $795 complete, parts and labor. That's the same price if I had ordered it from the factory with the Gravity III. I thought that was pretty reasonable.

Hope that helps.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Did the install myself. Goes together nicely with the factory wiring harness and switch console. I was worried about drilling holes for the pump outs. Used a good quality 1&1/8" hole saw and it went fine. You have to mount the manifold for the fill valves, install the drain pumps, connect the tubing, cut out for the console and install the wiring harness.

VA LSV,

Good job doing the install yourself. This is the type of project that I usually would have enjoyed doing myself but if I remember correctly, I wasn't saving that much compared to buying just the parts (based on what the dealer quoted me) and installing it myself. And I was intimidated by the thought of drilling the outlet holes in my brand new boat

I'm curious - and I am sure sethscott is as well - how much did it cost you total for the parts?

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

$627 for parts from Skiers Choice, $199 for pair of 400 lb v-drive sacs. $795 installed was a great deal. Installed myself because I winterize and store boat in my garage. Dealer is 2.5 hrs away.

Also changed prop and installed dripless shaft seal.

VA LSV,

Looks like my memory did serve me well. I stuck with the stock bags though because the dealer would not give me credit for the stock bags if I chose to go with different ones. I do plan to upgrade to larger ones soon though.

Tell me more about the dripless shaft seal install please. What year is your LSV, how difficult was the install, and about how much was the cost?

I also do my own winterizing and maintenance and plan to install a heater myself, so I'm not totally without experience.

Thanks much.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I had an 04 LSV and I upraded our Gravity III with costum made bag from Barefoot International. So I put 2 560# bags in the back and 2 400's in the front (One below the ski locker one on top). It was just plus and play for us because we had the tubes ran

https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.p...ght=shaft+seal
    This post has instruction I followed to install mine. I have an 05 LSV. Installation was not difficult. On a v drive, install the tee for cooling water in the 1" hose on the drivers side of the thermostat housing. $149 at Skidim.com for OJ system which is what Skiers Choice uses.