Default Insta-Slalom -vs- EZ-Slalom

Anybody out there have any experience with portable slalom courses? Would appreciate feedback on these two products. Thanks.

Hey Doc,

What lake are you going to set up in? I'm not sure if they have set the course up on Lahontan yet this year. I'm a mediocre slalom skier, but would love to try to run some buoys. I usually ski on Stampede and the fishermen would not be to thrilled with a course in one of the coves. Good luck with the course.

Dave

Hey Dave. Last year there was a course set up on the west side of Washoe. It was great for us Carson guys but I think the guy who set it up moved (heard through the grapevine).

We were considering purchasing our own course and setting it up in the same place. In case you haven't skied at Washoe, use the southeast ramp and go in the morning. People don't know much about it and don't really think about it but it's really beautiful out there and the skiing is fantastic (usually just miles of glass). Also, the lake is plenty deep (avg 9-10 ft) and has a sandy bottom.

Heard the INT course on Lahonton will be set up next week.

Doc-

I would think that it would blow out pretty early. Washoe Valley is almost always windy. We got blown out at Stampede on Sunday. By 8:30am it looked like Tahoe. Yesterday was gorgeous.
    I was really pushing myself on my ski yesterday. I warned my wife that this was going to be the season of spectacular crashes, because I am trying really hard to work on the basics. I have just been letting the boat pull me around, and now I want to start generating my own speed. I buried my tip in a turn and came out the front twice yesterday. I call it my Superman move. They just laugh as I swim 30 feet back to my ski.
    Maybe by the end of the season I will be ready to at least shadow the course. Have fun out there.

Dave

BTW - I ski with a family doc from Reno. Do you know Paul Smith? He is a pretty good slalom skier with a v-drive Mastercraft. He loves it behind my little Outback.

Dave, Surprisingly Washoe usually stays really nice til about 1or 2 in the afternoon. We skied on Saturday and yesterday and it was great. I think Sunday was pretty windy all over the region.

Good luck with the Superman Crashes. You might want to pick up Gordon Rathbun's Slalom Drills vidio--it's pretty good. If/when we get a course set up out there I'll let you know.

Don't know Paul but will keep my eyes open for a red outback out there. I'll be in the blue one.