Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered a new pair of Venom double high wraps. Wife called it my Father's Day gift, woohoo!

here's my new(old) setup:

ski: http://www.bartswatersports.com/catalog.asp?P=14444

Bindings: http://www.anythingxtreme.com/HO-Spo...2283C1754.aspx

Thanks for the advice all...look forward to hopefully being able to participate more in this forum!

Marc

Are the HO holes going to line up on a Connelly ski?

I have the FX. Great ski for going slow, and easy deep water starts.

Enjoy!

-Joe

Hey Joe~ Not sure if they will line up or not but my local ski shop says they can mount them regardless (screws). Hope they're right or off to ebay I go !

If your FX has inserts it may be constructed in such a way that there are reinforce areas where the inserts are. If you don't use the insert and instead drill new holes I wonder if a.) the screws will hold, and b.) if it will weaken the ski.

I have had older skis redrilled with no problems, but I know nothing about new ski constructions ability to support that practice. If they could I wonder why the would have gone to inserts at all??

Another option might be to drill holes in the binding plate, instead of the ski. You are less likely to weaken an aluminum plate than the ski.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Hey Benson~ I went by Tommy's Slalom Shop here in Denver today and he said no prob...even gave me the screwswashers and told me where/how to drill it. Assume it's ok. btw, the lost one was also drilled for Stokers. Like the suggestion though about drilling the plate. Seems like a better idea all around. I wuil definitely explore that option first. Thanks!

Sled491 Guest

I ussually ski a standard comp ski, but last year while working in Florida I started trying differrent skiis. THe FX was a nice ride but the the boots were way too soft. Like one the previous writters I adapted and fell in love with the Obrien Contacts, very stiff and great support.

As far as skiing the fat boys, I'm told most competition skiiers will switch to them in the off season. They still ski well and carve nice, but because of the better floatation and easy of skiing they allow you to work more on form and line with little or no struggle. And as you may have already experienced they are much easier to get up on.

Heres to the start of another great season!