Hey all~ First post here in the skiing section. We've been mainly boarding/surfing for awhile now, but I finally picked up a ski and need some advice. Using an '04 Mobius LS. I bought a 68" FX from a guy on Craigslist with stoker bindings. I am 6', 200lbs. I think it might be a tad too small for me but couldn't pass up the deal, and figured I'd ride it until I outgrew it, at which point it should be a great "guest" ski.

So, since it's a shaped ski, do you think I'm OK with a 68"? I adjusted the bindings slightly backwards (one hole) both in the front and back as it felt like there was not enought tip, sort of like it wanted to plaow into the turn. The guy I bought it from was 5'9" 180lbs. It still feels really slow and does not want to setup for a turn. Btw, I am a freeskier only, never even tried a course. I've been told that since it's shaped it's just a slow ski, period. Oh, and I run about 26-28mph at 75'...Any input here?

Also, I played around with the fin settings and cannot tell a difference, probably due to my lack of experience. The guy at my local ski shop said if the ski feels slow to just take it off as it only assists in braking going into a turn...somehting I obviously don't need. Will try that next time around.

Any other experience, advice, suggestions, etc?

Thanks guys/gals!