Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New boat is home but sits sideways in garage....

:P Who else has garage problems? New boat is awesome, the feeling I have about it taking 3 people to manipulate the boat to get it in a garage NOT HAPPY... any thoughts on driveway in summer and garage in winter storage...

thanks

GSI - I bought one of those 4 wall tarp covers for the summer. Costco has a pretty nice one (10X20) with lots of ventilation $169. The only pain is you have to fold the tower. The boat will go in the garage for the winter.

I've seen people buy a couple sets of the auto dollys like tow truck drivers put under the wheels of parked cars to manuever them out of tight spots. If your big problem is being able to move the boat around in the garage because you have a tandem axle trailer they would help a lot. Here's what I'm talking about http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/B...017527/c-10101

My driveway is WAY too steep to even get my boat in the drive... I tried once and the prop guard carved into the street... Boat storage for me. I hate the $100 / mo expense but I don't worry about it any....
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Look at this!!! Does it look like this? Also, someone in here gave me this idea. This keeps the Tower off the cover. Find some studs in the ceiling, put in some hooks, and tie it up with bungie cords.

I HAD garage problems. I had to tear out a wall, run electrical outlets and install a warn winch into the concrete! My driveway is steep and contains a 14 foot dropoff. It is a pain to put the boat in and out, but I only use it for winter storage. I have a dry slot at the marina during the summer.

Check out the process I have to go through to load the boat in and out!!!
    http://lisaandjesse.5u.com/MoombaLoad/index.htm
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Find some studs in the ceiling, put in some hooks, and tie it up with bungie cords.
    Tazz,

I've done the same thing from day 1 but I use motorcycle tie downs (already had them, no longer have a bike), one on each hook. One of them easily holds the weight of the tower but I like to use two for redundancy. I would not feel comfortable using bungee cords (does yours have those plastic hooks??). Visualize for a minute what would happen if the bungees failed ...

Just my two cents.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Find some studs in the ceiling, put in some hooks, and tie it up with bungie cords.
    Regarding the tower sitting on the cove is this just with the LSV's. Reason I ask is that I have an 07 XLV and the tower doesn't sit on the cover when folded down. Unless I'm folding the tower wrong.

Jesse,

I enjoyed the pictures. I was thinking if a quad with a hitch or a powered dolly would have been easier. Was there some side movement you had to do to get the boat in?

http://www.powermoverinc.net/htmls/pmaccarts.html

I grew up in the RV business, and we hand moved trailers a good bit on the lot. Had a little dolly with a hitch head on it. Had big rubber tires, so the tongue could be managed a lot easier than the little hard plastic jack wheel was.

http://www.nextag.com/trailer-dolly/search-html

Make sure you get one with a greater capacity than the recommended tongue weight.

My wife and I move the outback around in the driveway (3 car wide) by hand when we are mowing/working.