Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    277

    Default Rear bags siphoning badly no matter what I do

    Bros. This madness is going to cause me to spend 200k on a new G. Please help me figure this out
    My rear bags are siphoning badly, no matter how new, or old the impeller for the pump is. What is causing this bleed by?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,412

    Default

    Is it doing it while sitting still or only while moving? Could your overflow be lower than the bags pushing it out the side? How old is the boat? Could be a bad pump. Is it all bags or just 1? Autowake accidentally turned on?
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Is it doing it while sitting still or only while moving? Could your overflow be lower than the bags pushing it out the side? How old is the boat? Could be a bad pump. Is it all bags or just 1? Autowake accidentally turned on?
    2013 242. The overflow has a T ball valve from wakemakers that is shut.
    Moving or stationary is a good question, I believe both.
    The drain is not draining, because according to the gauges on the screen, and the timers, it still believes the bags are full. Happens only on the rear bags in the lockers. They are the 1100 wakemakers bags. I donít remember it happening with the factory bags, but that was years ago and I only used the factory a few times before the upgrade.
    But Iíve tried changing impellers multiple times, adding the check valve on the overflow. You name it. Only thing I can think of is a one-way check on the fill, but thatís also where it drains with the reversible pump. So thatís a no go.
    It drives me insane having to constantly mess with the timers to keep them filled while surfing. Like I will literally buy a new boat because of it lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,412

    Default

    Need to ask on the Facebook page and maybe the actual Supra forum. I am guessing you have a bad pump or pumps or your bags aren't actually filling all the way and have trapped air then air deflating down. The gauge is based off timers, it would have no way of knowing if your bags were draining out. It is most likely something simple. There are some great deals on leftover 23's and new 24's out there! Lol
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Need to ask on the Facebook page and maybe the actual Supra forum. I am guessing you have a bad pump or pumps or your bags aren't actually filling all the way and have trapped air then air deflating down. The gauge is based off timers, it would have no way of knowing if your bags were draining out. It is most likely something simple. There are some great deals on leftover 23's and new 24's out there! Lol
    Oh they are full. Trust me, I burp them .
    Boat has 200hrs. I donít really WANT to upgrade for a few more years. If thereís any hiccups or bumps and bruises Iíd rather it be to this boat and not a brand new one. Itís very clean, Iíve had it almost 5 years now and since 80hrs. Iím content itís just the few small issues that I grow more impatient with, as I donít NEED to keep it.
    Iíll see what I can find or maybe just drop it off and have the pumps looked at


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    7,076

    Default

    shorted switch or wiring and when the bags shut off they start to drain again?
    can you fill them up and disconnect the pump power to see if they stay full?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,412

    Default

    Following Sandm, shut your through hulls off after filling, will take another factor out of the equation.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    shorted switch or wiring and when the bags shut off they start to drain again?
    can you fill them up and disconnect the pump power to see if they stay full?
    I really just honestly think itís bleeding by the impeller and siphoning out. The pumps are definitely not running. You can hear them when they are on to drain/fill.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    7,076

    Default

    ah. never had the reversibles before.

    bleeding down would make sense especially given the added weight but I would also think that others would have a similar issue as lots use the reversibles.
    you should also be able to see it coming out the vent tube unless they are underwater when underway. I had tons of issues even with check valves on the old supra but I ran that thing listed/slammed and the vent tubes were usually underwater especially when underway. something about the water suction when running as it flowed past the drain ports. when parked, I never lost a drop even with vents buried in the lake.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    277

    Default Rear bags siphoning badly no matter what I do

    Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    ah. never had the reversibles before.

    bleeding down would make sense especially given the added weight but I would also think that others would have a similar issue as lots use the reversibles.
    you should also be able to see it coming out the vent tube unless they are underwater when underway. I had tons of issues even with check valves on the old supra but I ran that thing listed/slammed and the vent tubes were usually underwater especially when underway. something about the water suction when running as it flowed past the drain ports. when parked, I never lost a drop even with vents buried in the lake.
    THAT would make more sense. Itís pretty slammed when full. Especially with the added weight of my batteries. The swim platform is a good 4Ē under water.

    But if the vents have a closed valve? Then what.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •