Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default interesting garage for a boat

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9...pid/?imxlb=g,3

ran across this home for sale and something looked a little "off" from the street view. interesting way to "hide" a tall garage bay...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Love it. Better solution is to not have an HOA.

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post

^ this is the correct answer
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I would agree to disagree when living in the city. out in more rural or acreage settings do what you like but in town where houses are close together.....
    hoa's get a bad rap from power-trip board members. most I have been in are reasonable.

last thing I want is my next door neighbor turning his front yard into a boat/rv/car graveyard or a homeless encampment/tinyhouse community. it's worth a few inconveniences to me to ensure the neighborhood aesthetics are protected which keeps up my property values.

Great idea on the garage door, well executed.

As far as HOA. I live in a small 2 road neighborhood with 12 homes. Great stand up neighbors for 26 years, we have an informal agreement to pay equally for various expenses and projects relative to the road maintenance and commons area upkeep.

This was great until one new neighbor moved in and because there was no formal HOA in place, the new neighbor refuses to contribute his share.

It only takes one bad apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

That's a great idea on the garage! I love it.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I would agree to disagree when living in the city. out in more rural or acreage settings do what you like but in town where houses are close together.....
    hoa's get a bad rap from power-trip board members. most I have been in are reasonable.

last thing I want is my next door neighbor turning his front yard into a boat/rv/car graveyard or a homeless encampment/tinyhouse community. it's worth a few inconveniences to me to ensure the neighborhood aesthetics are protected which keeps up my property values.
    I love the good old HOA debate.

I can appreciate that having a junkyard or tiny home village in people's front yard would be bad. But those things are already not allowed under city or county code.

In my case, I have a little 6900 sqft lot. I have 12' of gravel RV parking beside my garage with a garage door on the back side of the 3rd bay and a mix of concrete and gravel behind the garage and fence. We realized that if I converted the double gate to a big single gate, I could get the boat back there! Even with the tower down, the boat has zero chance of fitting in my little 20' deep garage with 7' doors. Building a metal carport was the best thing I ever did, as it's protected my boat and camper big time.

However, the only way that a carport would be feasible is if I built it right on the property line with no setback. I talked to my neighbor, and he was understanding and cool with it. The only time you even see the carport is for like 1.5 seconds as you drive past my RV parking if you looked back between the two houses (which are 17 feet apart not counting eves).

Having the ability to park my boat and truck/camper back there behind the fence has been a godsend. It's just better for everyone. I never use neighborhood Street parking. Everyone wins. But if we had an HOA, I can guarantee they wouldn't have let me do a zero setback carport.

And yeah, my neighbor essentially added a 2nd driveway and extended half a lane worth of concrete on either side of his primary 2 car driveway. But none of this has affected my property value, and given that I've lived there since 2001 and have no intention of moving until maybe retirement, increased property value just means paying more taxes.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I love the good old HOA debate.
    haha. ya it is a debate for sure. all I'll say is don't rely on county/state/city codes to take care of your issue if you have a problem move in.

larry is correct. only takes 1 to be an issue and most of the time hoa's are only dealing with "that one" person who happens to be vocal on social media...

the house is very well executed. hard to see and I bet money it gave the hoa fits but it's likely legal and passed... surprised it's the only one I have seen like it.

It's a debate for sure. I understand the purpose and the good intentions of an HOA but my experience with them was the bad Larry brought up. Maybe I'm the problem neighbor....lol

Anyway, mine did not live up to their end of the deal. Board decided to stop payment (I was not on the board). The whole neighborhood got threatened and again the HOA won and still got their money without fixing the common areas and perimeter fencing.
    After several stand-offs and personal arguments over adding a fence for my dogs and repairing the deck we were able to work it out just seemed to be a hassle for what they did not do.
    I now live in the rural setting and with good neighbors we all have nice upkept places but I'm awaiting the "1 bad apple". However, with property values being doubled in the last 5 years it has stopped house building in my part of Ohio. This is much better for us since we have the freedom to do as we please. I was able to build my shop and keep everything under roof where the HOA wouldn't even allow a plastic outdoor shed to house my push mower.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    haha. ya it is a debate for sure. all I'll say is don't rely on county/state/city codes to take care of your issue if you have a problem move in.

larry is correct. only takes 1 to be an issue and most of the time hoa's are only dealing with "that one" person who happens to be vocal on social media...

the house is very well executed. hard to see and I bet money it gave the hoa fits but it's likely legal and passed... surprised it's the only one I have seen like it.
    This is the truth. Our HOA has been very weak overall and unwilling to enforce much, which has been good. However, it was previously able to keep people from creating duplex homes or mother-in-law homes. State law changed and now that is all allowed and no HOA or city codes can prevent it.

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2000 Sharpe Houseboat 70x16 (Lives at Lake Powell)