Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Got to think there will be some stellar Malibu deals at Tommy's dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go look. I have already seen it on their used inventory. Dealer demos and such are at big discounts 30% range.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Default Tommy's boats /Malibu lawsuit

Idk that I exactly believe or agree with the finger pointing In that suit. Tommy’s was expanding like wildfire and buying up almost every dealer here on the west coast.
    ie, boulder boats, and the local Sacramento dealer here, I forget their old name.
    But now that their debt is big and the house of cards is falling, the lawsuits come out. They seemed just fine splurging on credit, or cash reserves for expansion, and taking the boats until the gettin wasn’t good anymore..

I’m sure the truth is somewhere in the middle, I can see Malibu doing exactly that, pumping numbers like the auto manufacturers and home builders do.

Last edited by j.mo; 04-13-2024 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post

interestingly tho tige has been gone since 2017, supra for a decade I understand and moomba at least 7 years ago and no one has stepped in to pick them up. I know that germaine marine has locations all around us(hours away) and knowing how big they are with both brands, I wonder if they have the market somewhat "locked" and no one can.

some rough seas ahead for 'bu I would guess especially with them being a public company but they have the ability to bury 'bu issues deep into the finances IF their other brands are showing profits.
    Probably spot on with “locked” dealer market. I’ve heard that about some FL places too, where MC, BU, or Naut would have the presence and dealers, so SC would have a harder time breaking into that share.

Tige never took off in the Knoxville market either. They just switched dealers to a smaller lake market about 100 miles farther out.

I assume some TN buyers have “brand loyalty to MC, BU, and SC since they are made here.

Malibu stock is now at a 52 week low.

It went down after the last earnings call.

Dropped more after the market started to signal interest rates may not drop more this year.

Dropped more after they made an announcement about this law suite.

May or may not make more movements after the upcoming earnings call and outlook.

I see a lot of good deals coming up on 'bu products.
    if they spend any length of time dropping prices/raising incentives to boost sales at the expense of margins it's going to likely push all builders into a similar strategy.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Tommy's boats /Malibu lawsuit

Tommy's is no longer a Malibu dealer, who is currently selling/servicing Malibu boats?

Tommy's has a big footprint in Michigan with at least 4 dealers. It's not like there is a pool of dealers ready to take on Malibu.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Saw something that Malibu is actively searching for dealers. Someone already picked up Chattanooga

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Saw something that Malibu is actively searching for dealers. Someone already picked up Chattanooga

Is anything going on with the Knoxville location?
    2018 Supra SL400

Was told Knoxville will be open until at least the end of the year, beyond that, they don't know.

2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Found a new Michigan dealer that picked up Malibu/Axis.

Gull Lake marine

All 3 Tommy's in Michigan are full with
    2023 and 2024 inventory

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan