Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Tommy's boats /Malibu lawsuit

Yall seen this? Pretty crazy stuff goin on with Bu and Tommys. Allegedly making them take boats to get earned sales incentives. Got an email from them today stating they would still service my boat etc business as usual. Several guys I know have jumped from bu to Supra the past few years citing better qualiry and interiors thats are far superior. Gonna grab some popcorn and see how this plays out.
    https://www.tradeonlytoday.com/manuf...t-malibu-boats
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Is this why I can pickup a 2023 23Lsv loaded with 25hrs for the price of a new moomba max?

I heard since covid Bu just isn't the brand they used to be.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Its a mess. Tommys sells 33% of Malibus inventory. They are both gonna be hurting when this is done.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    Its a mess. Tommys sells 33% of Malibus inventory. They are both gonna be hurting when this is done.
    Tommy's will most likely go out of business. They were shuffling boats on floor plan between stores and selling outta trust. Huge no no in any industry. The owner also took the liquid out for another project he was trying to sell and got caught at the exact wrong time by their floor plan bank. Not saying Malibu wasn't pushing boats on them, but they ultimately decide to take them or not. The Chattanooga store is locked up. Knoxville should be open until at least the end of the year. It is going to get very interesting.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

what a mess.... interesting that they claim this all happened "during a downturn in the recreational powerboat industry" and stated in late 2022 but the market was still pumping in late 2022 and into spring of 2023. lots of fingerpointing and in the end the only winners are the lawyers on retainer.....

tommys is the largest of the wakeboat dealers in sin city with the only real competition coming from the mc/heyday dealers. centurion/supreme dealer is new and not doing much and the nautty dealer might sell a dozen a year on a good year. this is going to leave a HUGE hole in the market here IF they can't kiss and make up. almost every wakeboat you see in sin city is a 'bu or axis if it's been built in the last dozen years.

waiting for germaine marine to open here. that will bring skiers and tige back to the valley. they have been absent from vegas for almost a decade.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/malib...213500077.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Tommy's will most likely go out of business. They were shuffling boats on floor plan between stores and selling outta trust. Huge no no in any industry.
    100%. Once they go bad with their lending institution (M&T Bank) and lawsuits start, that is the beginning of the end.

Must have been going on for some time because banks usually try to recover and work with borrowers before the house of cards falls down and lawyers dig in. If there was some type of fraud, that is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    tommys is the largest of the wakeboat dealers in sin city with the only real competition coming from the mc/heyday dealers. centurion/supreme dealer is new and not doing much and the nautty dealer might sell a dozen a year on a good year. this is going to leave a HUGE hole in the market here IF they can't kiss and make up. almost every wakeboat you see in sin city is a 'bu or axis if it's been built in the last dozen years.
    What I have found interesting about dealers and manufacturers over the years, there is usually someone else that willing take the risk once a dealer is dropped or the dealer moves to another brand.

I’m speaking from watching the Knoxville over the years that has a large tow boat market and is the base of some of these companies.

BU dealer closes > New BU dealer opens

MC dealer switches to Nautique > New MC dealer opens.

Centurion dealer was just dropped > New dealer will probably open in the future once market conditions improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjhknox View Post
    What I have found interesting about dealers and manufacturers over the years, there is usually someone else that willing take the risk once a dealer is dropped or the dealer moves to another brand.
    you are right to a degree. nautty/supreme dealer here drops supreme. several years later island marine comes to boulder city with supreme and centurion. saw it in boise with several brands when the market collapsed in 2008-2010 and a couple new dealers emerged out of it.

interestingly tho tige has been gone since 2017, supra for a decade I understand and moomba at least 7 years ago and no one has stepped in to pick them up. I know that germaine marine has locations all around us(hours away) and knowing how big they are with both brands, I wonder if they have the market somewhat "locked" and no one can.

some rough seas ahead for 'bu I would guess especially with them being a public company but they have the ability to bury 'bu issues deep into the finances IF their other brands are showing profits.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Got to think there will be some stellar Malibu deals at Tommy's dealers.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan