Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fun at the Gas Pumps??

Geeze: Premium unleaded bumped to $3.79/gallon here in northern North Dakota.

OUCHHHHH!!!!

Anyone else feeling the effects of having to take a $100 bill out everytime you visit the gas station? (that is just the boat!).

Is that on land or at a marina? The last time I was at a marina in Northern California about 3 weeks ago, gas was $4.49 for premium. I'm expecting it to be over $5.00 for the upcoming holiday weekend. As a reference point, gas on land is about $3.60 for premium right now.

Yeah now EVERYONE has to chip in on gas... I use to let people slide... Now it is money up front... Because I try to keep the tank full... So people would get on and say if I need gas they would buy... Well it was full so at the time I didn't need gas... But at the end of the day when I would say lets get gas... They are ready to go... OK I bitched enough... But no money... No get on boat now... YES I guess you can say I am a hard ass about the gas... Since it will be $4 or more before the end of summer.

I know the manual recommends MIN 89 Oct... I got a carb 350... Who is cutting back to 87 OCT? What could be the big diff in 2% of OCT?
    Also, i have noticed that NO MORE is mid and hi grade gas 10 cents more...15-20 more each here....

Who needs ballast....just plenty of paying guests!!!!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

I've been using 87 octane for years with the carburated 350 with no problems (400 ft ASL). EFI with the anti-knock sensor would work even better.

I use 87 with no issues. I have the 320hp tbi.
    ________
    ipad games
    Last edited by superman; 01-24-2011 at 01:44 PM.

I have been waiting for this topic to pop up. Yes this gas thing really sucks!
    Almost to the point of taking the fun right out of boating. It has me thinking about purchasing a scotter (Ninja 500 type scooter)

Lots of floating this year!
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

Driving back to Southern California from Laughlin, NV I was passing through Needles, CA. 87 octane was $4.19 p gallon

It does suck that gas is so expensive but is it really a suprise to anyone? When you bought your boat did you really think gas would stay at $1-$2 or $3 a gallon.

All you can do is invite as many friends as possible. Hopefully they realize how much money we spend on the payment, equipment, storage etc. and will happily split the gas among themselves. If not....make em walk the PLANK!!
    Contrary to popular belief, a boat does not run on "Thank Yous"

I've been out several times this year but am only working on my 2nd tank of gas. Lots of putting around @ idle and floating. The ones that usually go with me haven't been because they know "a boat does not run on thank yous' (to quote another member)

B

Hey you lot..stop complaining..normal 95 oct is 6$ per gallon here ..and this is the cheapest in Europe for carburants..wonder for how long though..