Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default New Makai Rear Flip seat

Does anyone know if the new flip up rear sunpad seat on the Makai will retrofit onto a 2021 Makai? I can't visibly see any changes in the hull or engine cover designs on the two. And any idea what that flip up seat lists for, if it can even be purchased without a boat attached to it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

I can't see any reason why they won't work but believe they interfere with wakemakers bag upgrade. The flip up seats are different 23 to 24. $2100 option in 23 and $1730 option on the 24 Mojo. When shopping our 23 Mojo I really wanted them until I sat in them. I felt like I was just sliding out of the seat. So in 24 they shortened up the seat a bit and put some gator over the vent for your feet. I haven't tried the new setup. I believe they would be more comfortable on a Max or Tykon with the transom step.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Well, I do have the Wakemakers in mine, so that might be a no-go for me then. I couldn't really tell from the online walk-through that I saw if they sat below the fiberglass or not. I assumed they just made them a bit thicker and that they sat on top like the regular pads do.

2021 Moomba Makai

HFarr...there is a large plastic cover on the underneath side of the cushion to hide the flip up mechanism. It will contact your wakemaker bags when full. You could make it work if you limited the bag fill. Otherwise it will push up on the cushions and possibly damage the bag.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    HFarr...there is a large plastic cover on the underneath side of the cushion to hide the flip up mechanism. It will contact your wakemaker bags when full. You could make it work if you limited the bag fill. Otherwise it will push up on the cushions and possibly damage the bag.
    Yeah.....that puts me out of the market for it then. If anything, I generally fill those bags to the limit every time.

2021 Moomba Makai

I swung by my dealer yesterday and snapped a couple quick pictures….

I agree that they will be an easy retrofit, nothing special about the hinges….

For the mechanism itself, as you can see there is not cover for the mechanism on the underside, not a fan of that design, and having the bag upgrade myself I do not think they would impact the ability to max out the capacity of the bags by much if at all, I dont like the fact the bags would/could rub up against them, and to be honest I dont know how they would impact any of the valves on top of the bags as well…

That being said, they are not my favorite of the flip of seats, they just dont seem to be comfortable for me…. Thats a personal preference though….

IMG_6015.jpg

IMG_6014.jpg
    2022 Makai
    Fire Red - Pecan ChillTech - Woodgrain Gatorstep
    400 - 1.76 - 15.5x15 prop (16x13 Acme 3409 installed for testing)
    Ballast Mods: 1000lb of lead and WM Bags

The Moomba flip seats look nearly identical to the Supra variant.

They are nice to have when hanging out at anchor. But not a luxury lounger style by any means like other brands.

They sit upright and rather vertical without any adjustment options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Ok. Those pictures show me what I didn't see in the other walkthru videos. Just by looking at the pics, I dont think those hinges would stick down far enough to interfere with the Wakemaker bags or valves, honestly. But, this is the 2nd or third time I have heard comfort not being that great. I would definitely have to sit on one first. On the positive note, it looks like you could access smaller things in your bins by just flipping up the seat if you wanted too!

2021 Moomba Makai

Yeah, the flip up seats hit the mark for me when it comes to comfort, could be my short stature, and they feel a tad ‘flimsy’ I mean, maybe not to that extent, but they do not feel solid…. I really dont think they would interfere at all with bigger bags

I checked out a new ATX in the showroom (not sure the model but they have a profile now like a nautique paragon) but they have rear flip up seats that flip ‘both’ ways, like front and rear…. I like nothing else about that boat but I love that design of those rear seats….
    2022 Makai
    Fire Red - Pecan ChillTech - Woodgrain Gatorstep
    400 - 1.76 - 15.5x15 prop (16x13 Acme 3409 installed for testing)
    Ballast Mods: 1000lb of lead and WM Bags

I have a 2024 Makai with the flip up seats. I’m a little bummed on them because I dont find them comfortable and they don’t lock really well. If you sit back hard enough they give way. Also I’m not sure how the wakemakers bags wouldn’t hit the mechanism because my stock bags come within an inch or two of hitting them right now. Let me know if I can help you guys with measurements or whatever if you are serious about getting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk