Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I can understand the wakeboat hate and not all captains respect others using the lake.

I won't go into other groups that are difficult on the lake.

But this seems to be one target of many, if you take out one group, others will follow, the slippery slope.

Not even going to economic impact to thousands of wakeboat owners across the state until this actually happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I agree wholeheartedly that if they ban wakeboats, another sport deemed by "THEM", whoever that may be, to be harmful to the environment will be next in line. That's why we have to be respectful and stand behind one another, and stand up to these groups. When we wakesurf, it is time well spent with my family and friends. I dont want to lose that.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

We have 2 hearings tomorrow here in NH related to boating. They are trying to increase the no wake zone to 300 feet from shore for PWC's. They are also trying to increase wakesurfing to 500 feet from shore and 20' of water depth. It's very frustrating when you read the comments of the folks that support the bill, so many site the loud, foul music as justification.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cucv View Post
    It's very frustrating when you read the comments of the folks that support the bill, so many site the loud, foul music as justification.
    this does not surprise me and I still say it doesn't matter if it's nwa or taylor, I believe the true issue is buying a property on a lake and having to listen to the all day long barrage of music coming from every boat with a tower.
    it's always been crazy to me to see 90% of these boats being bought for wakesurfing and people think they need 4 rev10's hanging off the tower to be heard at a half mile when they are only 20ft behind the boat most boat owners would be better served with 4 icon8's but we all know that's "not cool"

head to the sandbar away from population to crank it up otherwise leave the tower speakers off when around houses and I bet the issue slowly dies but the only likely outcome long term are bans on wakes to ultimately kill the music issue.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Lime I daid earlier too, I strongly believe that is part of the push for the ban, and cucv your comment about the complaints seem to back that up. They could easily pass a sound ordinance. 4 wheelers and side-by- sides are the same way. I have seen some systems on those machines that rival the boats. What lake are you on in NH?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Default Michigan trying to ban wakeboats

All for the sound ordinance, but if that were truly the problem, it would be far easier to pass a sound restriction than a 20 foot depth and 500 foot wake clearance.

Also interesting that Michigan and NH are using the same 20/500 restriction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

We are on Ossipee Lake.

We are on Ossipee Lake.

Hey! I have wakeboarded on Ossipee behind an ATX and a Malibu. Saw 1 Moomba out there. Was with a friend that lives up there from the Marines, Cushing.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Hey! I have wakeboarded on Ossipee behind an ATX and a Malibu. Saw 1 Moomba out there. Was with a friend that lives up there from the Marines, Cushing.
    No way! Was this last summer? What color boats were you on?

No way! Was this last summer? What color boats were you on?

Pretty sure it was a black ATX with a white tower, maybe. It was moored in the bigger section of the lakes at a campground. Brett has a pontoon we were out on quite a bit. Was throwing a few inverts and spins out in front of the campground for everyone. We had a blast up there for a few days. Went for New Years this year and hit a few local mountains and Jay Peak
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold